Carb Slide & Diaphragm Assembly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carb Slide & Diaphragm Assembly

Sorry to post this in here, but the classified ads don't seem to be working today.

Does anyone have a couple of Carb Slide & Diaphragm Assemblys for sale or know a good place to get them besides mikesxs?

They're for my '80 xs1000 sg.

Besides Mikes, best prices!

Years say 81, but model says SG=80!!

PARTS-n-MORE

CARB SLIDE DIAPHRAGMS
    Fits XS1100G/H/LG/LH/SG/SH (81-82) Made in Japan

$64.00US EA.

Part#20-6028
    T.C.
    T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

part#20-6028

Is that from mikes?

Comment

Never mind, I found it now.

thanks TC, seems a little pricey though it would be nice to find a couple of good used ones.

Comment

If it's not to late I may have a couple. They came off a 81. They would be without needles. Let me know. I'll check to see what kind of shape they are in. I bought a new set last year for my brothers bike and kept the old ones. I have a hard time throwing stuff away. Pack Rats I swear
          Chris

79 XS1100 Standard aka: Mutt
          87 Honda TRX350D 4X4: Old Blue!
          93 NewYorker Salon: Sleeper...
          71 RoadRunner 440 Magnum: Mean Green!
          69 Charger 440 Magnum: Pleasure Ride!

Gimme Fuel Gimme Fire!

Comment

How bad is the rubber on your diaphragms? If you don't have big rips or tears, you can often rejuvenate them with plastidip spray.
            Ken Talbot

Comment

plastidip

What's plastidip? and where can I get it? The diaphrams have pin holes in them around the outer edge, will it plastidip spray work for something like that?

Comment

Plastidip is a rubber coating that can be used for putting new rubber handles on tools, and a whole lot more. See their website here . A light application of the spray product will work to seal pinholes in carb diaphragms. I bought mine at either a Napa or Lordco.

Let me know when you're ready to ride or haul your bike over to Revelstoke for a carb sync and colortune job!
                Ken Talbot

Comment

Napa

Thanks for the tip Ken, I'm going to run out to NAPA in the morning and pick up a can.

As for the Carb Sync and Colortune, I'll let you know, I've got to get it running again first.

Comment

Working...
                  X