X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need exhaust cross over for 79 standard

anyone know where I can find one?

Tom B.

Hey Tab, I've been running mine for 6 years with no crossover. Do a net search on it and see what you find. When i did that, half the stuff i read said you need it, the other half said you didn't. My experience says it's not necessary.
    '80 SG
    '79F engine

Comment

interesting

so you just leave the stubs open on the pipes then or did you enclose them somehow? Does it make the bike loud? Maybe that's the only way you've heard it so it doesn't seem loud to you..

Tom B.

Comment

When I got the bike there were aftermarket turnouts on her and the crossover was between those. Blew those apart before long and put a set of 1200 Sportster mufflers on, losing the crossover in the process. Louder with those on, but not crazy loud - that's probably the reason the Harley dudes swap 'em for aftermarkets -stock is too quiet. I don't know whether they would be any quieter with a crossover or not - guess it would if each exhaust note was split between two mufflers.

If the crossover stubs are on your header pipes then you should be able to join them with any piece of pipe of the right diameter.
        '80 SG
        '79F engine

Comment

Working...
        X