79 standard tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 79 standard tank

ok guys it is along shot but i thought i would ask i am looking for a tank for a 79 standard. i was working on mine this weekend to get it ready to paint i got the petcocks off but i cant get the filler and the cap off and i have tried but i have noticed well i was tring to get it off i put a dent in the top edge of the tank around the gas cap so i need a tank and it dont matter the shape it is in all the paint is coming off and getting repainted anyways

price the cheaper the better

as long as it is soild it will work since i am coating the inside of the tank and it is getting repainted anyways
    79 yamaha xs1100f standard
    best 1/4 mile 13.282@99.40

Re: 79 standard tank

Originally posted by bandet01
    i put a dent in the top edge of the tank around the gas cap so i need a tank and it dont matter the shape it is in
    Ouch! So, just how bad is this dent? I'm not sure what the going price is, or how readily available new tanks are. Wouldn't it be simpler to fix the dent and reuse the tank you've already got?

JAT...
    Ken Talbot

Comment

79' tanked

I've got one standard tank left, BUT it's gotta be "worser" than yours. Got several major dents.

Think firecat has a standard tank and is/was looking to change to a special. Might make her an offer.

mro

Comment

well i dont know how bad it it yet i have to wait tell the fillaer cap is off and all the paint is off and see what my body man says if it can be fixed or not but i was just testing the waters

Comment

I think I saw a tank at the motorcycle salvage yard on Friday. I'll go back this week and see for sure what it is. Are the 78 and 79 the same?

Comment

All of the STANDARD tanks will interchange. The "Large" tank from Canada or Europe will also bolt up, if you can find one.
            Ray
            Ray Matteis
            KE6NHG
            XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
            XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

tank on ebay

There looks to be a cherry '78 being parted out on ebay. 2 days left on the tank. # is 110004270240. Hope I'm not blowing any fellow XSives bid on it.
              -Do what makes you happy.

'79 Honda CB 750 K (2)
              '78 XS 11 E - "Rhona"
              ...and a 2nd E, for the goodies on it.

Comment

my body man says it will be ok we goit the primer on it the other day and going to paint it the next time my bro goes to my moms house where all the parts that needed painted are

Comment

there is one at the salvage here that is rust free internally and only has light scratches on the outside they want 75 for it
                  79 xs1100 standard
                  76 kz900 <now 1015
                  Terry Meyer

Comment

Working...
                  X