Help with miss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with miss

Hey guys, I need your help again. I have my bike running now, but I notice that when it is sitting there idling, it has a miss. It isn't consistant. It will be idling then it will have a miss then it will idle fine again. It doesn't seem to have a pattern. When I was syncing the carbs I noticed it also. The mercury would drop on one then go right back up. Is there something I can check?
    It is running so much better, but I am not quite there yet.
    Thanks guys!
    Bill

1980 XS 1100 Special
    1979 650 Special - sold (Stupid Me!)

Re: Help with miss

Let it warm up, swap spark plugs for new, restart and run for about 10 minutes with a box fan blowing on the engine. Read the plugs. My bet is that you will need to screw in one of the pilot screws a little.
    Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

Sid's on the right track - you've got a carb or two not working properly on its low speed circuit. I've usually seen this when one is set too lean, so lean in fact that most of the time it does not fire at all. As soon as you start adjusting the screws, it will become obvious which one it is, and whether it is set lean or rich.
      Ken Talbot

Comment

Working...
      X