• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• idle/slow speed circuit

Where is it and how do I clean it?
    81 Standard "Babe the Blue"
    sticky side down!

To answer your question would require more typing than I want to do, so I'll suggest that you do a search here and locate the tech tips, or the threads that explain it all. It has been discussed here many times.
    Good luck. Post back if you don't find what you need then someone will be able to help.

Comment

"hard to explain without a diagram"

Take off yer float bowls. You'll see two towers. One is for the main jet and the other is for your pilot jet(idle circuit) depending on the year of the carbs, you pilot jet tower may be open, or have a screw plug covering it. Remove your pilot screw, spring and O ring and washer if you have them.
      Ok... on the airbox side o' the carb, you'll see two brass jets. One's the air jet for the main, and the other is the airjet for the pilot circuit. I can't recall which goes on which side, but on early carbs, the main is a #140 and the pilot is #180. These air jets allow air into the various systems to mix with the fuel.
      Take a can of spray carb cleaner and spray into one of the air jets. it will either shoot out the main jet's tower, or the pilot jet's tower. Squirting cleaner into the tower will make it come dripping out the air jet. Squirting cleaner into the pilot tower will also cause it to spray out of the pilot screw area, as well. The system is now clean.(helps to blast the cleaner through with compressed air, if available.)
      Stick your finger in the carb throat. you should be able to see it by looking down the pilot screw hole. This ensures that you don't have a broken piece of pilot screw jammed in there.
      That's all there is to it.
      Uhm... if your carb had the screw plug over the pilot tower, make sure the little passage between the pilot tower and the main tower is clear, too. It's near the ends or the tower, right under that screw plug, if so equipped
      "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

Working...
      X