Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need parts, oil sender & dimmer relay

Hi All!
    I was wondering if anyone knew an inexpensive source for the oil pressure sender (leaking) and the dimmer relay? I found that the air conditioning relay from my honda civic will plug right in for a temp repair, but the headlight warning light comes on at higher rpm. Bike bandit wants 54 bucks for the sender and says the relay is discontinued.

Thanx for any help!!
    REV79XS11
    Ron Evans
    79 xs11sf
    99 kawasaki ninja 250 (70mpg)!

The xs11 dosen't have a dimmer relay. The one you replaced is probably the head light relay. It requires an AC voltage input to close and send power to the reserve lighting unit, and on to the headlight. That may explain why the warning lamp comes on. The oil pressure sender is actually a switch. It just makes or breaks ground when it has oil pressure applied. There are used ones out there.

Comment

You mean bike thief not bike bandit. Do you mean you need the oil sending unit that is under (approx) airbox, has a electical wire on it screws into engine? I got lots of those much cheaper used parts price includes shipping. andreashweiss@yahoo.com

Comment

Working...
      X