80 Mns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 80 Mns

My new purchase has absolutely no power. Reading through the posts people are talking about a "hidden fuse". Does my new purchase have one of these and if so where is it specificly located. thanks in advance dew
    DEW
    One Red "Creation 1"
    One Black"Creation 2"
    One Black"Creation 3"
    One ???? "Creation 4"
    One ???? "Creation 5"
    One ???? "Parts Bike"
    All the above 1100 Specials
    78 Standard (Ruf Ruf)
    1980 Midnight Special
    1978 650 SE

Hey dew

The Main fuse is located behind the left side cover, attached to the frame, just foward of the battery box. It is encased in a rubber holder, and it has a large red wire feeding it. Open it and inspect/replace the fuse. I believe it is a 20 amp. That may cure some of your problems.

Comment

Thanks for playing, John!

Sorry, but the main fuse is 30 Amps!

Dew, if that doesn't fix it, look at your main ignition switch, as well as ensuring you've cleaned ALL of your connections, battery, grounds, etc.!
      T.C.
      T. C. Gresham
      81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
      79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
      History shows again and again,
      How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

The "hidden" fuse is no longer a secret to DEW! Up and running now. Still have the ususal turn signal issues to deal with. Oh the horns let out a little bleet and quit working. Any suggestions?
        DEW
        One Red "Creation 1"
        One Black"Creation 2"
        One Black"Creation 3"
        One ???? "Creation 4"
        One ???? "Creation 5"
        One ???? "Parts Bike"
        All the above 1100 Specials
        78 Standard (Ruf Ruf)
        1980 Midnight Special
        1978 650 SE

Comment

Horn fix

Replace them with car horns. Or check the fuse, The horns have power to them when ever the ignition is on,and the button makes the ground. Check both terminals on the horn for power. If you have power in and no power out, then the horn is toast. If you have power out of the horn, then I would suspect the contacts in the horn button, or the ground wire in the swith pod is bad. It's a very simple circiut.

Comment

Working...
          X