Pilot mixture screw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pilot mixture screw

For xj1100 does anyone have a source to get pilot mixture screws?
    My carb rebuild discovered the tip broke off one of them.
    Can't locate it on factory parts diagram.
    Or.....they the same as an XS?
    XJ1100 Ruby Red
    XS1100LH "Midnight"
    1972 MGB Roadster "sold"

They are the same as the 80-81 XS11, I believe.

Comment

Cruiser - did you compare your broken-off screw to another one that was not broken off? The screws on the later model carbs actually have quite a blunt end on them, not a sharp point like the screws from an early model carb.
      Ken Talbot

Comment

Ken, I did compare and your right, it's blunt and not broke off. Same dimensions as others.
        I can't screw it in far enough to see/feel the point stick through carb barrel like others. Looks like threads messed up on screw and maybe internal threads also. I had to drill and extract this one to get it out, then cut new screwdriver slot but would like to have a new one.
        XJ1100 Ruby Red
        XS1100LH "Midnight"
        1972 MGB Roadster "sold"

Comment

When the pilot screw comes out, there should also be a spring, a washer, and a small o-ring. Any chance that some of this is still stuck down inside the hole and that is what is keeping the screw from threading in as far as it should? BTW - the blunt point of the later-model screws will never stick through as far as the earlier, sharp screws.
          Ken Talbot

Comment

I've done the complete rebuild and had all the pilots, springs, washers and orings out. All others thread through far enough to feel them sticking through the bore. But not #4.
            Had it back running tonight and rebuild got rid of idle miss on #1 and idled pretty smooth so will do the sync and adjust idle mix by sound and watching rpm tomorrow.
            Hopefully will be able to adjust #4 enough to run well, although didn't seem to far off tonight without any adjustments.
            Thanks Ken
            XJ1100 Ruby Red
            XS1100LH "Midnight"
            1972 MGB Roadster "sold"

Comment

Working...
            X