Signal Lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Signal Lights

I know there's a gremlin in there, but where? The problem; signal a right turn, and it works okay. But signal a left turn and the flash rate slows down or stops all together. Checked bulbs, fuses, everything "looks" normal but I can't figure out why the left turn signal's not working like the right one. Any suggestions as to what I missed?
    Bob M.

Could be corrsion in the connections, or a bad solder joint inside the switch assembly. I just had to replace a T/S switch on mine when I couldn't get the wire soldered back on the switch. If you have right turn, then that tells you that the circuit is good up to the switch, and on to the right side signals, then the problem would be downstream of the switch assembly in the left turn mode. Use an ohmmeter and check the brown wire with the white stripe in the white plastic connector, That is the wire that supplies power to the T/S swich, and either the dark green wire and the brown wire in the black connector. One is for left turn and the other is for right turn. Position the selector to either right turn or left turn, and you should get continuity between the wires I described. If you don't get continuity, then the problem lies in the switch, or a wire coming out of the switch.

Comment

I would also check the ground wires on the left side lights. You may have a loose bolt, and a weak ground. the lights would not work all the time, and the flasher WI
      lL NOT WORK if the correct amount of draw isn't available.
      Ray
      Ray Matteis
      KE6NHG
      XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
      XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Working...
      X