No announcement yet.

HELP, running on 3 carbs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have removed and cleaned everything but the tubes, When I tried to remove one, it was really tight so I thought there might be a trick to it. I read on here about using a screwdriver to tap around the main jet end to loosen them. I will give that a try. Wish me luck.
    What I meant by the question was that I have heard different people on here call certain items mutiple things.
    Bill

1980 XS 1100 Special
    1979 650 Special - sold (Stupid Me!)

Comment

Nozzle removal

The best way that I have found to remove them from the carb body is to leave the main jet a few turns into the end of the nozzle, and using the screwdriver in the slot of the jet, you want to tap on the end of the screwdriver handle, gently. and that will help to break them loose. After that, use a thin piece of plastic or wooden dowel rod, and drive the nozzle the rest of the way out. The plastic or wood will not distort the threads that the main jet threads into in the nozzle. Be aware of the aligning slot in the end of the nozzle, and reinstall it the correct way.

Comment

I removed the tubes. Once I started them, they came right out. My question is... You guys said the tubes have 16 holes in them, how come my tubes only have 6 holes in them. They have 2 holes on opposite sides and 1 hole on opposite sides. The holes are just like the pilot jet configuration, 2 on a side then 1 then 2 then 1.
        Anyway, I am now going to put it all back together. Hope this works. I have removed and cleaned everything now 4 times.(only 1 time for the emulsion tube, sorry!)
        Bill

1980 XS 1100 Special
        1979 650 Special - sold (Stupid Me!)

Comment

Working...
        X