Clymer's vs. reality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clymer's vs. reality

I'm trying to install the Front m/c kit I got from Partsnmore but the Clymer's shows more parts than I received in the kit. What's real? And can someone tell me the order in which the parts get inserted?

First I have the spring, then the plastic cap, then the plunger with the seal installed, followed by the washer, the snap ring and then the boot. My old kit also had a plastic washer and circular metal clip that seemed to hold in the boot. If there are any pics somewhere in this forum that would be great. I looked but didn't find any except how to install the seal on the plunger.
    80 XS11 SG
    79 XS750 SF
    74 KZ400
    78 KZ650
    78 KZ750

Additional note

I think I discovered that the plastic washer came from the base of the old boot when it was destroyed, but not sure about the metal clip. It sort of reminds me of the clip that goes around the boot on a caliper.
    80 XS11 SG
    79 XS750 SF
    74 KZ400
    78 KZ650
    78 KZ750

Comment

Hey CUBuffs,

The Clymers shows a Standard. And after reviewing the parts fiche on Official Yamaha Parts Page web site, going to 80 and GH and front MC, you'll see a "different" exploded view that doesn't show as many parts and may help you figure it out!
      T.C.
      T. C. Gresham
      81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
      79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
      History shows again and again,
      How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Thanks for the tip, TC.
        80 XS11 SG
        79 XS750 SF
        74 KZ400
        78 KZ650