Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• front axle bolt

Hi all,

When I took my front wheel off yesterday I noticed that there was no pinch bolt on the left side to hold the axle. My local dealership doesn't have any in stock and I was wondering if I could use a generic bolt/washer/nut combination from a hardware store instead of waiting on one.
    Would that work?

Thanks,
    Clark

Yeah, why not? The torque spec. is very low anyway.
    Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

I probaby have what you need. describe more for me. andreas

Comment

what I need is the bolt, washer, nut, that on the left hand fork (when facing the bike) that clamps the axle in place.

Comment

thanx do not have that thought you meant the large bolt holding the axle in place no fork stuff left. andreas

Comment

Wait? which one is that? there is the axle that goes in from left to right and is held by a large nut on one side and the bolt going "vertically" that appears to pinch the left fork down on the axle. that is the one I'm refering too.

Comment

All I have is the axle with nut(pin goes into it) it goes through rim and fork.holds the rim in place.andreas

Comment

Any nut that fits. I rode my XS11 100 miles or so with no cap or nuts on. Was doing 100+ mph totally oblivious. Didn't seem to effect the bike any

Comment

Working...
                X