Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• posting a picture

Hey guys,
    I just recently repainted my xs and I was wondering on how to post a picture for evryone to see?
    1979 XS1100F
    4 into 1 Jardine, single POD airfilters, custom paint
    Branded title
    Work in progress since 2000

We have to get on! We have to get on! We have So much time and so little to do!.....strike that, reverse that!! :P

have to use a link service like photodump.com. I only say photodump as that's what i use but there are many similar services. When you upload a picture, it will give you the link to paste. should have [IMG] on the ends.
    1981 XS 1100 SH

Comment

If you get stuck, e-mail me the photo and I'll post it for you, or give you the link so you can post it. I don't come close to using the space that comes with my e-mail account.

If you are thinking of posting other photos over time, then it is worth it to set up a photodump (or similar) account, or find out from your service provider how to 'park' photos; most accounts come with some storage space for this purpose. Once you have a place to park your photos you can put an IMG link in your post that will display your picture. Link ends up looking something like this:

IMG]http://my-isp.com/my-name/picture folder/picture.jpg[/IMG
      NOTE: The previous and next lines should begin with a [ and end with a ] I left them off so the text could be seen. A real example is:
      IMG]http://idisk.mac.com/jerryfields/Public/Bryce4.jpg/[IMG
      With the opening [ and closing ] in place you get this picture:

My ISP is idisk.mac.com, my account name is jerryfields, Public is the picture folder, and Bryce4.jpg is the picture I want in my post.

The other side of this process is putting the picture on Photodump or your ISP's server, but there are several drag-and drop programs that you can use do this and it makes the process fairly simple after the first set-up.

Anyway, its not all that hard to do, and once set up it is pretty easy to put photos in your posts.
      Jerry Fields
      '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
      '06 Concours
      My Galleries Page.
      My Blog Page.
      "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Working...
      X