safety switch/wire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• safety switch/wire

hi all, so i removed the fairing and saddle bags from my 81 xs, now it wont start or turn over with starter button. is there a safety switch or wire that has to be connected as to start this without a headlite?

Check your fuses, bike should start and run without the headlight hooked up. Did you have the fuel tank off and disloge a wire from the tip over switch? Does any of the electrical work when you turn on the key? There is a 30amp main fuse under the left cover in a rubber fuse holder, all by itself. If this blows, you will have no power to anything. Don't trust a visual exam, either replace them with new or check for contiunity on all of them. Thisay sound dumb, is the "off" switch on the handlebar turned to "on" . (Dont laugh, we all have done it ).
    When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

thanks for the reply, but after checking all the fuses and wires i tracked the problem down to a broken kill switch, so i took it apart, and sort of fixed it. lol, wraped tape around it so it dont move. the inside is broke so i guess i need a new one. thxs.

Comment

Working...
      X