what kind of sidecar is it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what kind of sidecar is it?

i have been planning on putting a sidecar on my bike for years. my brother found one for me(he's in sd) but we don't know what knid of bike it is. also, both my brother and i have been riding cruisers for 30+ years but neither of us have had a sidecar. hepaints bike for a proffesion, and has built his own bike out of collected parts from all the bikes he has owned. so we do have some knowledge, but we both admit to knowing very little about side cars. we also realize that this is a very precise operation, so any help would be gratfull. i just joined the forum so i am not accustomed to what your "standards" are. if i can i will add a pic,(the car is in alot better shap the the photos show)

well i just saw that i can't have attachments, so if u e mail me, i can send a pic(4)

A great resource for sidecars is the Yahoo group SCT (for side car talk). They have a great knowledge base and a desire to assist that is similar to the XSives here.

It's not easy mounting and aligning a sidecar tho' the XS11 makes a pretty good tug. A poorly rigged hack is a chore to ride and can be dangerous. The extra effort in fabricating robust mounts or a subframe will pay off, never rely on universal clamp on mounts.

I've had several hacks on my XS11 and love the ability to haul my dogs along. The extra load capacity and stability in mud makes for some great dual sport camping trips.

Hope to hear of your project as it progresses,

Rob

Comment

Mike, welcome to our world. I don't know anything about side cars, so can't be of much help there. On the picture side, you have to find some place to store the pic, and then you link to it, instead of uploading it as an attachement. Find out how here: Photo posting
      Brian
      1978E Midlife Crisis - A work in progress
      1984 Kawasaki 550 Ltd - Gone, but not forgotten

A married man should forget his mistakes. There's no use in two people
      remembering the same thing!

Comment

Working...
      X