engine hot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine hot

Newbie xs 1100 here, i was wondering if anyone can help ? yesterday i rode my bike for the first time since i bought it,and went about 1 mile to test it ,when i got home the whole motor,head and all were very hot,i mean real hot,any opinion on why,is this normal for these bikes?

These are big 'ole air cooled engines and they do get hot! Once they're up to temperature, you wouldn't want to place your hand directly on an engine part like the clutch cover or the crankcase, never mind the cooling fins. During hot summer riding, the heat coming back off the engine between your legs can be too much to handle so you'll tend to ride with your knees out.
    Ken Talbot

Comment

I get tempetures around 290-340 degrees celcius where the pipes bolt onto the block...like ken said...they run hot...no worries.
      80' Xs eleven special "The Tank"

Comment

ok ,thanks for the info guys,i just wanted to make sure i did not want to burn it up.I do have to say this is one awesome website for help with these bikes ,i have learned alot allready just reading the forum posts and tech tips,thanks

Comment

Working...
        X