X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbo XS on Ebay!

FYI -ebay item #4644512967

Looks great, and turbo too!

Wonder how much he's got the reserve set to.
    80 XS1100SG
    81 XS400SH

Some men miss opportunity because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

A Few Animations I've Made

Comment

like the reg no,just tryin to find out how much to send it to the uk,

Comment

Here's the link to the auction.

That's gonna make someone a heck of a nice (and unique) ride.

Dan
        Home of ENIAC

Kinda like a MANIAC with 2 letters difference & a computer on board

Comment

Just have to line your left pant leg with asbestos!

Steve
          80 XS1100G Standard - YammerHammer
          73 Yamaha DT3 - DirtyHairy
          62 Norton Atlas - AgileFragile (Dunstalled) waiting reassembly
          Norton Electra - future restore
          CZ 400 MX'er
          68 Ducati Scrambler
          RC Planes and Helis

Comment

Do you guys think I should buy that and swap the engine into my bike?
            1979 XS1100 Special (Chrome Queen)

Comment

a picture is worth xsive words...

Originally posted by AKMac
              Do you guys think I should buy that and swap the engine into my bike?
              yes you should and while your at it chrome everything and post your pictures in the pictures section of this forum to leave in prosterity for all to see...

btw how's it running, what did you do to jetting for those pipes?...
              "a good man knows his limitations" dirty harry
              History
              85 Yamaha FJ 1100
              79 yamaha xs1100f
              03 honda cbr 600 f4
              91 yamaha fzr 600
              84 yamaha fj 1100
              82 yamaha seca 750
              87 yamaha fazer
              86 yamaha maxim x
              82 yamaha vision
              78 yamaha rd 400

Comment

I can see a permanent scab on the inside of the owners left leg.

Ed
                79 XS1100SF
                78 YZ400E
                81 SR500
                79 RM250
                77 YZ400D
                05 RM250
                78 CR 250 Husky w/TT500 motor

Comment

Well I'm running a Mac 4-into-1 system on it now. It's running very, very strong. Now the only problem is that with the extra power, 2nd gear is starting to give me troubles It feels like a chain is skipping. I'll be selling the ceramic coated Mac 4-into-2 on ebay soon.

Does anyone find it weird that the head is weeping oil on that bike? Wouldn't that mean that it's loosing boost? I've never heard about any XS having head gasket problems before. Also, I really hope that exhaust pipe has a heat shield.

I'm seriously considering buying this if the price stays reasonable. My goal is to have the sexiest, AND fastest XS1100 in existence.
                  1979 XS1100 Special (Chrome Queen)

Comment

Case Pressure and turbo 101

I’m not surprised at an oil leak from around the head on a turbocharged engine. If in fact it’s an oil leak it’s probably the result of the higher case pressures generated by the turbo. The breather system on this engine was not designed for it so it seems natural. I would think seals and oil leaks would be a perpetual problem with a machine like this. If the PVC system on a car engine isn’t up to spec they will also leak oil and blow seals. The way they seal a turbo on the turbine end is just with a simple rotating piston and slinger ring. The theory is the gas pressure in the turbine plenum is higher than in the oil pressure in the center housing of the turbo. That’s what really keeps the oil in the center housing and on the bearings. The piston ring or seal is really just there for low speed and static operation. The oil drain is about 3 to 4 times bigger in area than the oil pressure line. The intake side usually has a carbon seal of some kind but if it goes bad you will also get smoke at idle as the vacuum at idle can suck the oil out of the center housing and oil leaks at speed as the compressor is then putting out a higher pressure than what’s in the center housing and the crank case. Turbos are neat but they put a strain on every subsystem in the engine. Looks really cool though
                    wingnut
                    81 SH (Daily Ride)
                    81 650XJ (Brother in laws bike, Delivered)
                    81 650XJ Jane Doe (Son's Ride)
                    82 750XJ Project bike (Son in law's future ride)
                    81 XS 400

No man has a natural right to commit aggression on the equal rights of another; and this is all from which the laws ought to restrain him.”

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

ak mac how much are you wantng for your mac 4 into 2 pipes you say ceramic coated ..what color are they .. what kind of mufflers...are they in good shape thanks stevo

Comment

exhuastingly xsuastive

Originally posted by stevo
                        ak mac how much are you wantng for your mac 4 into 2 pipes you say ceramic coated ..what color are they .. what kind of mufflers...are they in good shape thanks stevo

check this out, i'm surprise you didn't follow this chromium genesis

http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread...&threadid=9803
                        "a good man knows his limitations" dirty harry
                        History
                        85 Yamaha FJ 1100
                        79 yamaha xs1100f
                        03 honda cbr 600 f4
                        91 yamaha fzr 600
                        84 yamaha fj 1100
                        82 yamaha seca 750
                        87 yamaha fazer
                        86 yamaha maxim x
                        82 yamaha vision
                        78 yamaha rd 400

Comment

The guy said that he had it up to 150 once...I understand that the turbo makes piles of power, but can the gearing and rear wheel even go that fast? He mentioned being 1000rpm over redline...is that enough to get to a buck and a half? That's nearly 4 bug...
                          "Time is the greatest teacher; unfortunately, it kills all of its students."

Comment

I donno, if some dudes on this site are reporting speeds up to 140, then 150 at 9.5k rpms doesn't sound wholly unreasonable...

...but I betcha he has an 18 inch rear wheel on there.
                            Kristoffer
                            "Take apart yer carbs!"
                            1978 XS1100E - "The Maroon Baboon" (SOLD)
                            1979 XS1100 (3 of them) in the garage. Not deserving of names yet.

Comment

The standard will do 150 1K over redline, with the 17" rim. remember, it's geared for 136 at redline stock, and if you go over....
                              Ray
                              Ray Matteis
                              KE6NHG
                              XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
                              XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Working...
                              X