Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xj1100 owners manual

Hi Guys
    I am new to the site,wanted to say hi and ask a question.Anyone know where a owners manual can be had for an '82 XJ1100? I bought it a few months ago and I am doing a few upgrades as well as having the tank repainted so of course once its done I'll be posting pics.
    One final thing cudos to all! From reading the threads I noticed how helpful and friendly you guys seem to be.

Hey LethalThreat,

Welcome to the gang!! It's either in the LINKS section, or MISC, but RockJok sells a CD-rom with the microfiche and a service manual for the XJ11 as well as several XS11's, and proceeds go towards helping to defer the costs of this site!

I remember Strom posting about having lots of manuals for lots of bikes, can't remember if the XJ11 was among them, you can do a search for his name and manuals, etc, or PM him for info!

Hey John, another DUH moment....in his subject, and his description, he clearly stated "XJ" 11, ! Time to get those eyes examined!
    T.C.
    T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Originally posted by TopCatGr58

Hey John, another DUH moment....in his subject, and his description, he clearly stated "XJ" 11, ! Time to get those eyes examined!
      T.C.
      ????? Whachew talkin' 'bout, Willis? Who has an XJ?

OK, now I see what your talking about, Willis! Duh!

Comment

thanks guys

I appreciate all the help guys ..thanks

Comment

Lethalthreat et al,
          I'm trying really hard to obtain a copy from "the horses mouth": Yamaha. I'll let the group know when I've been successful. But ya' know, this bike is, after all, 24-X-years-old.
          I haven't found ANYONE (an' that's a challenge) that could offer me a LEGIBLE, DECENT COPY, COVER-TO-COVER, of the 1982 Yamaha XJ1100J Owner's F$%@g manual. (Can you tell that I'm a bit perturbed?)
          I have bits and pieces. I'm guessingat 'most everything else. It seems like I've got it, then ... well, just then I need a seemingly small piece of information that only the OWNERS MANUAL could provide! Yow!

'nuff said. Off of the soapbox,
          RLMcD
          XJ1100J Maxim (Arlington)
          Ruby Red
          XS1100E (no name yet)
          Macho Maroon

Comment

I don't have an owners manual, but I do have chapters 1 through 6 of the Service Manual. This is from the genuine Canadian edition (French and English), Yamaha part number 11G-28197-70

Chapter 7 of this service manual is the appendices, and I've only got 6 of the 50 or so pages it should be.

Is there any chance the seemingly small piece of info you're looking for might be in the service manual?
            Ken Talbot

Comment

Have you tried jimboreeno's site, he has it in PDF format.

Go here http://twinhollyfarm.com/XJ1100%20Maxim.htm

MaximRider
              The only known XJ1100 Interstate

Comment

Are we talking Owners Manual, or regular repair manual?? Can't help with the owner's manual.

Tod
                Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
                '06 Suzuki DR650
                *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
                '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
                '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
                '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
                '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                '81 XS1100 Special
                '81 YZ250
                '80 XS850 Special
                '80 XR100
                *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

Hi again
                  I don't really need the owner's manual for a specific repair persay but hey in lieu of an owners manual a repair manual would suffice quite nicely I am sure

Comment

XJCD

A great resource. Owners , Service manuals and much more for all XJ's

http://members.tripod.com/dave_jack/id47.htm
                    XJ1100K
                    Avon rubber
                    MikesXS black coils
                    Iridium plugs w/ 1k caps
                    MikesXS front master
                    Paragon SS brake lines (unlinked)
                    Loud Horns (Stebel/Fiamm)
                    Progressive fork springs
                    CIBIE headlight reflector
                    YICS Eliminator

Comment

Owners Manual

I have a legit full version of the owners manual. What specific information are you looking for. Also I may be able to see if kinkos could reproduce the manual for me to make copies for other xj owners out there.
                      I also have the service manual on CD.

Interesting tidbit that I found while looking over manual yesterday. There is a section on the bike near the engine. Its a plastic rectangular box. There is a small metal bracket with a post that sticks up which is directly infront of the box. This set up was actually a storage compartment for a chain to secure the bike. The metal bracket with post was the mounting bracket for the lock! the post on the bracket had a groove in it which locked the lock in place. Your key removed the lock which also gives access to the chain. Onboard antitheft device. Too bad when I first got the bike it didnt have this. I was really curious about what the hell it could be until I recently came across the owners manual and then found out what it was.

I suppose I could one by one scan the pages but dont know how they would turn out

Comment

Hey Op,

Mine had that chain too, very cheesy, could have easily been broken just by rolling the bike! Now I have a nice strong tow chain that I use when I'm concerned about security!

As for scanning the manual, IF you will use your scan programs features to clean up the MOIRE patterns that can occur, then it could look something like in THIS LINK THREAD , take a look!
                        T.C.
                        T. C. Gresham
                        81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
                        79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
                        History shows again and again,
                        How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Working...
                        X