82 XJ Parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 82 XJ Parts

Looking for a few 82 XJ parts, like complete left and right foot pegs, both passenger foot pegs, both male and female seat lock mechanisms left and right. Just got bike repainted Purple Metallic(ppg), put in new clutch springs and different gears (thanks andrew) found out shift fork was bent (No first gear). Cannot post pictures no digital camera but will be at Brag and Drag this summer.
    Also different bike(78) can i still get new rings (stock) or do i have to go to the big bore kit? Pulled exhaust pipes and had a lot of black carbon inside head, looks like it was burning oil.

Thanks Tom
    82 XJ1100 DAILY RIDE
    78 XS1100E FIXING UP
    79 XS1100F PARTS BIKE
    Thanks Tom
    82 XJ DAILY RIDE
    78 XS1100E FIXING UP
    79 XS1100F PARTS BIKE
    79 XS1100SF NAKED BIKE
    80 XS1100SG FULL DRESS BIKE
    82 XJ IN THE ROUGH

Hey Tom,

Can't help with the XJ parts, but the 78 OEM size and the 1st and 2nd oversize RING SETs are still available, however, none of the pistons, OEM or oversize are available, so depending on how much wear you find in your cylinders, if it's too much to do a honing, then yes, the BIG BORE kit is the only way to go!
    T.C.
    T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Tom,

I have a basket case 82 XJ that you can have just for removing it from my girlfriend's garage! I'm pretty sure the footpegs (passenger and driver) are good. The seat itself is torn up, but the lock mechanisms are good, and I think the shift lever is ok. It hasn't run in more than a few years, but everything is still on the frame...

And, best part of it all... I'm in Peoria!

PM me if you're interested...

Bill
      Bill
      XJ1100

Comment

Working...
      X