No announcement yet.

Mid range cut-out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Figured if I added that...........and sure enough, got a response.
    81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Stock exhausts and stock airbox and filter versus 4-1 stock airbox with free flow filter and jetted .

Comment

Dern pggg....makin my brain hurt...... will work, but 4 into one drops ya about 10 ponies, even though it may sound good......4 into 2 with crossover will get you closer to stock horsepower figures just cause of being closer to correct back pressure which affects vacuum drop rate...........key word, closer.
        81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Hey Moto, a GOOD 4-1 gives an XS11 more horses matey, even with the stock sponge filter and no jetting! Same with most old musclebikes. Modern stuff can be a bit different though. I've used 2 different 4-I systems on my XS11's and the difference between each exhaust system was REALLY noticible. The 'bad' system had no effect on power output at all, but the 'good' one was waaaayy better. Definitely agree CV carbs don't respond as well to individual filters unlike smoothbore or flatslide carbs do though. Also correct back-pressure in the exhaust system is very much part of the equation.

Comment

Working...
          X