front wheel bearing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• front wheel bearing

hi all i just got front wheel bearings for my 79 yamaha #93306-30317 you can get these at most auto parts stores its a bca # 303ss in case nobody know this
    Joe Bjordahl
    “speed don't kill it’s the sudden stops”
    Yamaha xs1100 are addictive
    1979 XS1100S
    1981 XS1100 MIDNIGHT
    1982 XS1100S DONER BIKE

Yes, front wheel bearings, and one of the rear wheel bearings are readily available. I was told they are the same size as is used in a lot of electric motors. One of the rears is only available at the dealer... if it's still available.

I'm curious, were you able to get both front seals?
    Brian
    1978E Midlife Crisis - A work in progress
    1984 Kawasaki 550 Ltd - Gone, but not forgotten

A married man should forget his mistakes. There's no use in two people
    remembering the same thing!

Comment

When I replaced the front wheel bearings in the Mongrel a couple years ago, I took the old bearings and seals to the bearing store. The were able to match up the bearings and one of the seals. The seal that goes around the speedo drive is a dealer only item...

Geezer
      Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

The seal that goes around the speedo drive is a dealer only item...
        Yep, that's what I've been told, but one never knows.
        Brian
        1978E Midlife Crisis - A work in progress
        1984 Kawasaki 550 Ltd - Gone, but not forgotten

A married man should forget his mistakes. There's no use in two people
        remembering the same thing!

Comment

I recommend trying a bearing supply house. I found one in Portland OR & will never go anywhere else for all my bearing, race, & seal needs. They can EASILY match up what you have with what they have. You can expect to pay less than half or even 1/4 or less of what you'd pay for them at a part store. Just look in the yellow pages under 'bearings.' They might not sell retail though so, you may need to know someone that you can use their account to purchase on a cash basis.

My most recent purchase was for a golf cart. Cheapest I recall finding was in the $25 range (internet). Paid $2.88 ea. at the bearing supply place! I think the less distributors/suppliers for the manufacturer of what your putting it on has a lot to do with price. Not many golf cart part suppliers and they know most people won't try to matchup the part with other specialty suppliers.

Good luck.
          Motor owner only. Putting it into a golf cart

Comment

Originally posted by Lever
            I recommend trying a bearing supply house. I found one in Portland OR & will never go anywhere else for all my bearing, race, & seal needs.
            Good luck.
            That sounds like MacGuire bearing. They're good people to do business with.

Geezer

Comment

Geezer,
              That old gray hair hasn't effected the memory! Yes. McGuire is the place. Nothing like finding a great supplier you can count on.
              Motor owner only. Putting it into a golf cart

Comment

Maybe but often I can't find the wrench I used only 2 minutes ago.

BTW, they're just going to love you on the putting greens when you peel out with that golf kart... ;o)

Geezer

Comment

i got the seals at the same time from bikebandit ... i work at a auto parts store and we keep like 12 of the bearings in stock
                  Joe Bjordahl
                  “speed don't kill it’s the sudden stops”
                  Yamaha xs1100 are addictive
                  1979 XS1100S
                  1981 XS1100 MIDNIGHT
                  1982 XS1100S DONER BIKE

Comment

Working...
                  X