I want one that works. I am in need of a little assistance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want one that works. I am in need of a little assistance

I am in need of a little assistance. I recently bought a piece of property and there was what I believe to be an 82XJ Maxim 1100 on this property. It was tarped and the carburetor had been zip locked in a plastic bag under the bike. At first I thought I would try and get the bike running again but its well over my head. Plus I don’t have a title though I am positive it has not been stolen. At this point I am sold on getting a bike so I have decided to sell this one. I have been researching and I was just about to eBay it when I came across this site. I would love to know if I am correct about the model type and also let people know of the bike in case someone wanted to buy or let me trade up for something that runs. I live in Charlotte NC. Thanks Jason Clark
    www.clarkhalldoors.com

Get the serial number off the bike.

go here and see if xs/xj

http://www.xs11.com/specifications/serialno.shtml

mro

btw
    should be able to call your local DMV and get info on how to aquire a title or who bike is registered to.

As for getting it running, if nothing serious wrong there is the Tech Tips on the left side here that most anyone even slightly mechanically inclined should be able to follow. Get stuck and post a question and you will probably get more info than you wanted.

Comment

thanks...

is the serial # anywhere other than on the front forks. There is a sticker there with part of the # but half of it has been ripped off. Maybe stamped into the engine block somewhere?

appreciate the help.

jason
      www.clarkhalldoors.com

Comment

Not on forks, but on both the fraim and engine

"Stamped" in the metal

XJ number starts "10M-........."

mro

Comment

LOOK SEE

Hey Clark I'll be in Charlotte this weekend. How close are you to Myers Park? I might be able to take a look at it for you
          wingnut
          81 SH (Daily Ride)
          81 650XJ (Brother in laws bike, Delivered)
          81 650XJ Jane Doe (Son's Ride)
          82 750XJ Project bike (Son in law's future ride)
          81 XS 400

No man has a natural right to commit aggression on the equal rights of another; and this is all from which the laws ought to restrain him.”

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
          X