Anticipating next ride!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anticipating next ride!

"It was a dark and stormy night.." Man it's been raining here for 27 days straight then missed the one day break and it's raining again! I am stressing so bad, lifting weights don't help, SWMBO is sick with the flu ( can't go there). Anyway I needed some release so got on here to tell it. Anyone else got the "can't ride(bike or SWMBO) blues" ? I want to ride so bad I can taste bugs in my teeth, and I wear a full face helmet! I don't have a garage, EbayBe is in the shed, got no room to tinker or anything else. Waiting on a set of turn signals I won on ebay to install. Comming from Canada supposed to take 11-13 days and it's been 20 days! Already sent a msg to check on them. Anticipating that next ride 24-7 is a bummer. Guess I better do my taxes, Yeah right! Gotta work for an hour or so tomorrow, installing a personal emergency alarm, shouldn't take long, then off again.
    Okay supposed to be a ride report:
    Last ride was late fall, early winter, cold outside. Another xsesive reported his bike seemed to run better when it was cold outside. I had the same experience, Lots more power. It was pretty awsome, but then every ride on Ebaybe is. Hope the rain lets up soon, I need my XS11 fix!

Dan (PNW)
    80XS1100G (Ebaybe) Whidbey Island, WA
    Lightning of 4 is better than thunder of 2.
    I always wanted a Harley. Not anymore! XS11 rules!

Poor guy, move to Tennessee, I ride most every day!!
    Don
    99 Valkyrie Interstate named Drakker

81 XS1100 H Peppylebleu sold and gone to a good home

81 XS1100 Midnight Special Peppyledeux sold and gone to another great home

Comment

I ride in the rain, it's fun.
      Wife seemed concerned one rainy day when I got home, it was pouring. She said she's ok with my skills but there's all the other idiots on the road.
      This particular ride made me notice something. When the weather is nice the cagers don't notice you. When it's raining they all do. They look and say "look at that idiot".
      As long as they see me I don't care what the think.
      Pat Kelly
      <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
      1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
      2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
      1999 Suburban (The Ship)
      1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
      1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

Well I'll trade you rain for snow and A.M. temps in the twenty's. Yea waiting is the pits.

Ed Z.
        It's an 80 LG My Midnight Ride
        81 XJ650 MAXIM The Preachers Bike (Gone but not forgotten)
        82 KZ 305 CSR Training Wheels (now my daughters)
        82 GS 850 GL SWMBO's (HER RIDE)

'He who wanders is not always lost."

Comment

riding in the rain

Hey dude, I lived in eastern Oregon for 18 years. The bikers there stapped pontoons or kayaks to the front wheels and put on yellow rain slikers. Here in Santa Cruz the bikers strap “boogie boards” on the front wheel and wear wetsuits! Get a grip, man… where there’s a will there is a way!
          E.Liberty
          Old bikers never die, they're just out of sight!

My recently re-built, hopped up '79 Special caught fire and burned everything from the top of the engine up: gas tank, wiring, seat, & melted my windshield all over the front of the bike. Just bought a 1980 Special that has been non oped for 9 years. My Skoot will rise from the ashes and be re named "The Phoenix!"
          I've been riding since 1959.

Comment

riding in the rain

Hey dude, I lived in Western Oregon for 18 years. The bikers there stapped pontoons or kayaks to the front wheels and put on yellow rain slikers. Here in Santa Cruz the bikers strap “boogie boards” on the front wheel and wear wetsuits! Get a grip, man… where there’s a will there is a way!
            E.Liberty
            Old bikers never die, they're just out of sight!

My recently re-built, hopped up '79 Special caught fire and burned everything from the top of the engine up: gas tank, wiring, seat, & melted my windshield all over the front of the bike. Just bought a 1980 Special that has been non oped for 9 years. My Skoot will rise from the ashes and be re named "The Phoenix!"
            I've been riding since 1959.

Comment

I know the feeling, but here in Michigan it is a much longer wait. The next ride is scheduled though, planning to ride to Florida for bike week in the first week of March. I am so glad Feb is a short month.
              Scott
              I have a bike and I am not afraid to use it

Comment

Working...
              X