Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last Ride

Hello all,

With winter fast approaching in these northern latitudes, what's a boy to do when presented with an unseasonably warm October day? Why, go for a ride, of course! Struck out east yesterday from home (Winnipeg) at the crack of 9:00 AM heading for Canadian Shield country. Whiteshell Provincial Park offers some nice twisties through fall forest colours this time of year and didn't dissapoint! Being late in the season and mid-week, very little traffic was to be found. Exceptions being other bikers also taking advantage of the weather and, instead of trading the usual polite hand jestures, enthsiastic waves/smiles were shared. Would share more pix but the battery in my antique cellphone decided to completely crap out just after my first pee break. Also, disconnected with the world, thoughs of terror entered my brain - what if the bike dies in the middle of nowhere? Those fears quickly faded as I boldly (foolishly?) ventured onward as years of blood, sweat, tears and investment paid off in spades, watching the odometer roll over past 93,000 km. Strong, dependable XS(G), the culmination of no small effort, carried me effortlessly on my adventures. How do you begin to describe this type of quasi-spiritual experience to a non-biker? Happy to still be able to enjoy such moments, as I'm not getting any younger. This was made possible in no small way by the Club members who have always been there to provide me with great advice and resources in the resurrection of my old friend from the almost-dead. Thank You!

Click image for larger version

Name:	DNFY5786.JPG
Views:	149
Size:	196.0 KB
ID:	866729

1980 XS1100G (one owner-me)
    1983 Kawasaki GPZ750 (Frankenbike)
    Owned - 1976 XS750D
    Owned - 1972 Honda CB750
    Owned - (unknown year) XS650
    (+ too many Yammies/Hondas to mention)

Nice read, color is just starting to come on here in PA. I love riding in the cool weather with all the gear on.
    1979 XS1100 Special
    1980 XS1100 Std parts bucket
    1987 ZL1000 Eliminator
    1976 XS750D Project in waiting

Comment

Beautiful, I'm with you on the getting older and enjoying the rides I get even more. Every time I start it up it still brings me joy and I refuse to give it up. Fall days are the best for sure.
      wingnut
      81 SH (Daily Ride)
      81 650XJ (Brother in laws bike, Delivered)
      81 650XJ Jane Doe (Son's Ride)
      82 750XJ Project bike (Son in law's future ride)
      81 XS 400

No man has a natural right to commit aggression on the equal rights of another; and this is all from which the laws ought to restrain him.”

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
      X