A few Tahoe Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few Tahoe Pics

I had bad luck in that my digital died the 2nd day at Lake Tahoe, but here are a couple photos I did retrieve:

Hwy 50 crossing Utah. Maximan is up ahead of me on his XJ.

A lot of Hwy 50 consists of straight shots across the valleys then up and over a ridge. Next photo is Maximan taking his own shot of the road behind us:

Lunch the first day was at the Firehouse. That's DiverRay showing some leg in the foreground....

This is part of our cast of characters. From left to right: Maximan, E. Liberty, and DragXS11. (Cody, Eugene, and Matt):

Finally, a shot of lake Tahoe itself:

If any of the people who shot more photos could send me a CD or e-mail me more photos I will create a web page to display them, as I have done for past rallies.
    Jerry Fields
    '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
    '06 Concours
    My Galleries Page.
    My Blog Page.
    "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Jerry;
    Thanks for posting the pics!
    My cheap camera didn't have anything in it when I tried to download, so I don't have any pictures. The ride was great, and I look forward to next year. Matt did a great job, and I know I need to try some new roads up there.
    Ray Matteis
    KE6NHG
    XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
    XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Tahoe pics

Hey Jerry-
      Glad you made it back OK.
      Thanks for the photo’s. Mine came out pretty nice, if I do say so myself. I have about 50 or so on a CD. I sent them to DragXS to post on his web site. He should have them up in a day or two. I would be happy to send them, to anyone who was on the ride: you have but to ask, and send me your mailing address.
      By th’ by, you got my name wrong, but that’s OK. I should have another installment of the Ride Report, posted in a couple of days. Pay particular attention to the “digression:” it applies directly to your not getting my name right. “Just don’t call me ‘late to dinner!’”

Keep the rubber side down!
      Liberty
      Old bikers never die, they're just out of sight!

My recently re-built, hopped up '79 Special caught fire and burned everything from the top of the engine up: gas tank, wiring, seat, & melted my windshield all over the front of the bike. Just bought a 1980 Special that has been non oped for 9 years. My Skoot will rise from the ashes and be re named "The Phoenix!"
      I've been riding since 1959.

Comment

http://www.imagestation.com/album/in...?id=2117050799
        Heres a link to some more Jerry. Guess we didn't get too many of Monday's ride huh?
        Matt
        1980sg-Stocker-- Sold
        1980sg- Cruise Missile- Sold to RODS454
        1990 ATK 604- Ditch Digger
        2005 BMW K1200S- Killer Bee
        2005 Suzuki GSX-R 1000- trackbike

Comment

some good photos,really like the silver one with the chrome engine casings and drilled front disks,looks like you had a hoot on them roads.

Comment

Beautiful, even more sorry I missed this one. Emerald Bay, labeled "west lake" is one of the more beautiful spots on the planet. Maybe next time!
            Shiny side up,
            650 Mike

XS1100SF "Rusty", runs great, 96k miles
            XS650SJ "The Black Bike", engine from XS650H with 750cc big bore kit, 30k miles

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and defiantly shouting, "WOW, what a ride !" - [URL="http://www.flyingsnail.com/Sprung/index.html"]Sprung[/URL]

Comment

The rotors are EBC scoobs, they're not factory.... and not cheap I might add. But to do that whole bike was much cheaper than buying a new one.
              1980sg-Stocker-- Sold

Comment

nice looking bikes and nice pictures wish we had areas around here that were like that
                79 yamaha xs1100f standard
                best 1/4 mile 13.282@99.40

Comment

Reno/Tahoe photo's

Glad you could use some of my photo's. My main regret is that I didn't take individual photo's of each rider with his bike. Ah well, next year, eh?
                  If we have a Reno/Tahoe rally next Labor Day I bet we can count on at least twice the number of riders. This was the kind of ride that I dreamed about, putting around west Texas on my Harley Sprint as a teenager.
                  E. Liberty
                  Old bikers never die, they're just out of sight!

My recently re-built, hopped up '79 Special caught fire and burned everything from the top of the engine up: gas tank, wiring, seat, & melted my windshield all over the front of the bike. Just bought a 1980 Special that has been non oped for 9 years. My Skoot will rise from the ashes and be re named "The Phoenix!"
                  I've been riding since 1959.

Comment

I've added a few more pics to the album linked above of Codys bike repaired, and how I got rid of that plastic bag damage.
                    Matt
                    1980sg-Stocker-- Sold

Comment

Working...
                    X