two new recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• two new recruits

This afternoon I helped two more people to ride a motorcycle for the first time.
    Both are co-workers. One is buying the XL250R they rode today. The other is a gorgeous young woman that wants to learn to ride so that her boyfriend will take her with him and his buddies to Pismo Beach riding the sand dunes. Personally I think he's crazy for leaving her behind.
    Both did very well, no one fell. Started off showing them all the controls till they could show me the controls. Then had them start/stop, start/stop, start/stop, till they got it down. Then moved on to shifting, braking in turns, and a little counter-steering. Only so much you can do in a gravel parking lot. We all had a good time.
    After we were done Sabrina said that was her first time ever on a bike, never been a passenger. Off we went on the XS1100 for her inaugural ride in traffic. We rode about ten miles and when we got back she said she's ready for a road trip. She definately wants her own bike. In the mean time I'll be happy to r........ nevermind, I'm married.
    Looks like we have two more cagers hooked on flying at ground level.
    Pat K.
    Pat Kelly
    <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
    1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
    2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
    1999 Suburban (The Ship)
    1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
    1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Dang,

For a second there, I thought maybe this was going to turn into another kind of "forum" submission (pun intended)

Just Kidding, great work with the new riders. If everyone took the time to approach it like this, I'm sure our "pass-time" would be in much better shape.

Regards,

Keith
    They Call Me the Breeze

'79 SF

Comment

Working...
    X