BBQ Trail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBQ Trail

What to do on a beautiful sunny 73 degree day? Why get some Fresh Air of course.
    Nice 140 mile ride and got to enjoy some fresh air and some Fresh Air.

My Baltimore E had never been here to Jackson Georgia but hopefully will be back

bike ran great and had a great ride. Even got 40.5mpg on Exxon 87

what's in the backpack you ask?
    Quart of Brunswick Stew and 1 lb of BBQ for Brent & his wife since he wasn't available to make this ride Sunday afternoon (but wanted a Fresh Air fix since I was making the trip)

Jeff
    Last edited by JeffH; 01-16-2020, 03:01 PM.
    78' XS1100 E
    78' XS1100 E
    78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
    '99 Triumph Sprint ST
    '02 G-Wing GL1800

Nice ride Jeff!..……. add a fork mounted windshield......good to go!
    81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

I make Brunswick stew frequently. Start off by smoking a pork butt and go from there...
      "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
      1981 LH

Comment

What do you use to smoke your pork butts? After 25 years of using stick smokers, I finally tried a pellet smoker, I will NOT go back. The results in my opinion are just as good with a fraction of the effort. I have 2 Oklahoma Joe Longhorn smokers that are still in the box I got to replace my aging ones. Guess thats more storage space I can use for something else. If I could only talk a friend of mine out of his TOP SECRET rub recipe! I use a vacuum sealer and freeze meal sized portions.We eat a lot of smoked food.

Comment

Nice picture Jeff. The bike looks great.
          '78 XS1100E (the newest bike I've ever owned)
          '74 CB350F1 (under restoration)
          '72 RT2 MX360 (gone but not forgotten)

Comment

Another BBQ Stop or in this case it is called Bar-B-Que

Pinetta Market & Bar-B-Que in Pinetta Florida

Stopped here with Mike & Scott on our way home from the Suwannee River Rally. Then found out it was more than a Market. Deal is one brother owns and operates the Market while the other brother owns and runs the Bar-B-Que side. Separate cash registers. Brotherly love ………..

Extremely friendly people. Market seemed to be the lunch hub for the community. A very fun and memorable stop.

Jeff
            78' XS1100 E
            78' XS1100 E
            78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
            '99 Triumph Sprint ST
            '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

Jeff,
              You and Brent find the best food .
              Thanks for the pictures.

Phil
              1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
              1983 XJ 650 Maxim
              2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Lost the BBQ Trail

Seems (for a variety of reasons) the BBQ Trail has gone cold the last 2+ months.
                of course Stay Home Orders and Closures took its toll on the BBQ Trail too

No BBQ in sight anywhere here

no Q, but nice view of metro Atlanta area

No BBQ here either

serving Q since 1929 except Mar & Apr & May 2020
                in case you were wondering my Sprint ST had been sitting 5 months so it needed some 'essential' travel to charge the battery

Found the problem

Bogart
                Think there was a song about this problem. Something like "don't bogart that Q my friend"

Seems the BBQ Trail may be coming back to life. Just need to break the Bogart log jam. It may end up being squirrel but what the heck.

Haven't figured out yet how to eat bbq without getting sauce all over my N95 mask.

When & if you venture out Stay Safe ..........................

Jeff
                Last edited by JeffH; 05-13-2020, 10:38 AM.
                78' XS1100 E
                78' XS1100 E
                78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

Time to get back on the BBQ Trail
                  -and- do a 210 mile Twist & Shout serious mountain road twisty ride

Stopped at the Wildcat Store / Grocery / BBQ on GA60 north of Suches for some much needed BBQ

After months of oppressive heat and humidity; today it was finally a great day to ride

They were out of ‘cat’ today so owner suggested the Brisket came out especially great

it was .......... a delicious pile of Brisket perfection and a side of Brunswick Stew + slaw

They call this progress, a Roundabout at Stonepile Gap lots of work and $$$ making those fancy retainer walls

Time will tell if it saves wrecks or creates more. That was a nasty spot to make a turn.

If you have ever been to XXSE at TWO or to Marty's (before he moved), well you've been here

for grins i went around the roundabout 5-6 times, till i got dizzy

Time to crank it up

Those that have been here, some amazing technical off camber, decreasing radius stuff ...... yee-haw

Celebrating 50 Years of the XS650

Stopped by the VMJC Bike Show and XS650 Event in Blairsville

Really some extremely beautiful XS650's

Route was: 400, Longbranch, Copper Mines, Porter Springs , 60 , Skeenah Gap, Mulkey Gap, Owltown and the awesome Blood Mountain 19/129 (thankfully didn't leave any samples or anything to clean up) 210 miles Rode back home to Atlanta tagging along with a Ducati Hypermotard, that was FUN.

Great Ride and Great BBQ, pulled some G's and got home without incident. Not a bad day at all.

Have a great Labor Day - Ride if you can

Hope to be on the BBQ Trail again this fall after the XSSE / VYR Rally at Iron Horse. Next BBQ search, anybody want to ride along?

Jeff
                  Last edited by JeffH; 09-06-2020, 04:33 PM.
                  78' XS1100 E
                  78' XS1100 E
                  78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                  '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                  '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

Damn... I WANT SOME BBQ!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ature=emb_logo
                    '78 XS1100E (the newest bike I've ever owned)
                    '74 CB350F1 (under restoration)
                    '72 RT2 MX360 (gone but not forgotten)

Comment

Back on the BBQ Trail.

Mike, Scott & I just finished up an 826 mile ride down to Tallahassee Florida to visit with Don. Route this time was west central Georgia meandering southbound staying east of the Chattahoochee River then returning via eastern Alabama meandering northbound on the west side of the Hooch. Mostly all remote county roads with nothing much but Cotton, Peanuts, Pecan Trees, Pine Trees. Complex route with lots of turns and great scenery. Plus is was 84 degrees. Avoiding sand roads is always a challenge in south GA & Florida. Remote, so little gas & bbq to be found.

Did find some BBQ with all the fixins' at Jon Boy's Smoke House in Roanoke Alabama. Pecan smoked BBQ.

Gone four days. Stopped for a nice visit with Steve in Opelika on the way back to Atlanta.
                      No XS11 photo in front of Jon Boy's because they were busy and no parking in front. Did take a pic of Mike, his 11 and Old 444 on the M&B Locomotive in Blountstown FLA on FL20 between Tallahassee and Panama City. Hot & Humid in the Panhandle ..............

We had FUN and it was a good ride. Dons getting along ok. Should call this the Cotton Pickin' Ride since that is what was going on. Cotton Pickin' plus dusty mess of peanut puller machine making huge dust clouds. Interesting to watch. Pecans ready for pickin' too in just time for your Thanksgiving Pecan Pie.

Jeff
                      Last edited by JeffH; 10-23-2020, 05:52 PM.
                      78' XS1100 E
                      78' XS1100 E
                      78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
                      '99 Triumph Sprint ST
                      '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

Damn Jeff, You are making me hungry...... I just reviewed this thread from the beginning. Some great rides with some of the good guys.
                        Maybe a BBQ rally in our future. We could just ride from one great lunch stop to the next
                        Look like another great ride.
                        Phil
                        1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
                        1983 XJ 650 Maxim
                        2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Working...
                        X