XSNE Rally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XSNE Rally

So this past weekend was XSNE. This was the first rally I ever attended, but certainly not the last! I didn't stay through Sunday due to poor weather conditions (I know, I wussed out) but Saturday was a blast! Thanks to all the guys that were there to make it an amazing weekend!

I had never driven roads like those found near Twin Falls before. Just to get to and from the hotel was a challenge to me. But oh boy was it fun! The ride through the mountains was breathtaking. As posted in the thread for the rally, there are places where the tops of the mountains are just gone! And the overlooks were truly a sight to see. Mix that with some fun and challenging switchbacks, and that's a recipe for a spectacular run.
    I will definitely be returning for next year's rally and I'm going to try to make XSSE later in the year.

I have about 2 hours of uncut gopro footage from the first leg of the ride Saturday. The gopro died before we hit the real switchbacks, but there's still some amazing scenery on the footage. I will be uploading to youtube probably later in the week. If anyone has good pictures, please post them! I'd love to see what the rest of you got!

Thanks guys for an amazing rally! See you all at the next one!
    1979 XS1100F "Roxy" (my first bike ) - '91 Suzuki GSX1100 Fairing, BMW bags, Cheap ABS Trunk, aftermarket cruiser seat, MAC 4-2 exhaust, Heavy Duty folding kickstart, XS11 Special signals and gauges, Blade Fuse Conversion, Dynacoil Greens w/ ballast bypass, SS brake lines

the XS 11 family is such a good bunch hard to stay away glad you had fun
    Seamus Ó hUrmholtaigh
    Niimi Moozhwaagan

NOTICE: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message. We do concede, however, that a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.

Member of "FOXS-11" (Former Owner of XS-11)
    and SOXS
    2008 Nomad "Deja Buick'

Comment

Well said

Great post Seth, well said, as it was a first for me too both the rally and those roads. It was a pleasure to meet you and see your XS, as well as the meeting the others, everyone was so nice.

I have some photos and will be looking into an alternative to photobucket, because it just doesn't work anymore, however, I will likely post mainly on the XS East thread.

Looking forward to XSSE too.
      Last edited by dbbrian; 05-29-2017, 08:09 PM.
      '78 XS1100E (the newest bike I've ever owned)
      '74 CB350F1 (under restoration)
      '72 RT2 MX360 (gone but not forgotten)

Comment

Originally posted by dbbrian View Post
        I have some photos and will be looking into an alternative to photobucket, because it just doesn't work anymore, however, I will likely post mainly on the XS East thread.
        I would recommend imgur. It's where I like to post all my stuff. Easy to upload.
        1979 XS1100F "Roxy" (my first bike ) - '91 Suzuki GSX1100 Fairing, BMW bags, Cheap ABS Trunk, aftermarket cruiser seat, MAC 4-2 exhaust, Heavy Duty folding kickstart, XS11 Special signals and gauges, Blade Fuse Conversion, Dynacoil Greens w/ ballast bypass, SS brake lines

Comment

Imgur

Originally posted by sethhope View Post
          I would recommend imgur. It's where I like to post all my stuff. Easy to upload.
          Thanks for the suggestion. Trying it out with Saturday morning pre-ride photo

Comment

are all these photo places the same post a photo and you give them all rights to the photo forever ??

from their legal page or maybe its just me who made a living or part of one in photography

With regard to any file or content you upload to the public portions of our site, you grant Imgur a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable worldwide license (with sublicense and assignment rights) to use, to display online and in any present or future media, to create derivative works of, to allow downloads of, and/or distribute any such file or content. To the extent that you delete any such file or content from the public portions of our site, the license you grant to Imgur pursuant to the preceding sentence will automatically terminate, but will not be revoked with respect to any file or content Imgur has already copied and sublicensed or designated for sublicense
            Seamus Ó hUrmholtaigh
            Niimi Moozhwaagan

NOTICE: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message. We do concede, however, that a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

and SOXS
            2008 Nomad "Deja Buick'

Comment

are all these photo places the same post a photo and you give them all rights to the photo forever ??

or maybe its just me who made a living or part of one in photography

from their legal page

With regard to any file or content you upload to the public portions of our site, you grant Imgur a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable worldwide license (with sublicense and assignment rights) to use, to display online and in any present or future media, to create derivative works of, to allow downloads of, and/or distribute any such file or content. To the extent that you delete any such file or content from the public portions of our site, the license you grant to Imgur pursuant to the preceding sentence will automatically terminate, but will not be revoked with respect to any file or content Imgur has already copied and sublicensed or designated for sublicense
              Seamus Ó hUrmholtaigh
              Niimi Moozhwaagan

and SOXS
              2008 Nomad "Deja Buick'

Comment

I really don't know. But it works!

Shoud I be worried?

Comment

Working...
                X