650 Dogwood Rally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 650 Dogwood Rally

The Yamaha 650 Society held their Annual Dogwood Rally this weekend up in the North Georgia mountains at TWO which of course is now TWoS. Many of you XSives have been there before (in Suches GA) since XSSE was held there for many years.

So I decided to ride my XS1100 up and join them. Of course some XSives in that 650 group too. But this AM remembered; drat, I forgot to call Brent. I forgot to call Mike. Didn't even think about calling Kurt with 12 lanes of I-85 totally missing making all the other Atlanta area interstates a disaster zone.

Had a great time. Yamaha 650's are great machines too. Those can really haul the mail in the tight twisties. Got some pics i'll try and post next.

Jeff
    78' XS1100 E
    78' XS1100 E
    78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
    '99 Triumph Sprint ST
    '02 G-Wing GL1800

if interested, a few pictures to ponder.
    Over the years many of you have been on these roads and stopped at these places.

Lunch on the Patio at Batesville Store
    - 11 is sure nice with a 35 pound weight reduction from front rotors and new battery

Drivers eating as machines wait patiently - some VERY nice Yamaha 650's indeed

PM wake up ride after lunch ....... good call since northbound on 197 after lunch is a bad idea

Marty leading the 650 parade through the whoop-de-doos (or whatever you call it)
    of course on his Yama 650

fantastic Fried Pies here and non-eth too - the obligatory Sunrise Grocery stop

Solo run heading back to Atlanta on US129 - no traffic just me

Always good to ride when we can. Sure was a beautiful day.
    Still mad at myself for not calling Brent, Mike & Kurt.

Jeff
    78' XS1100 E
    78' XS1100 E
    78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
    '99 Triumph Sprint ST
    '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

Jeff, those photos are fantastic! I'm glad you came up to take them.
      Marty (in Mississippi)
      XS1100SG
      XS650SK
      XS650SH
      XS650G
      XS6502F
      XS650E

Comment

Thanks Jeff always good to see what you have been up to and to hear from Marty too I recognise most of those locations.
        Phil
        1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
        1983 XJ 650 Maxim
        2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

nice pics

Thanks for pics & ride report. I knew dogwood 650 rally was in the spring. Yes I have enjoyed it in the past. No I could not have attended due to duties needed at home, though it sure is a good one and I would have fretted about trying to get back again. Glad you made it & had fun. Good advice;
          Ride when you can.
          Brent

Originally posted by JeffH View Post
          if interested, a few pictures to ponder.
          Over the years many of you have been on these roads and stopped at these places.

Lunch on the Patio at Batesville Store
          - 11 is sure nice with a 35 pound weight reduction from front rotors and new battery

Drivers eating as machines wait patiently - some VERY nice Yamaha 650's indeed

PM wake up ride after lunch ....... good call since northbound on 197 after lunch is a bad idea

Marty leading the 650 parade through the whoop-de-doos (or whatever you call it)
          of course on his Yama 650

fantastic Fried Pies here and non-eth too - the obligatory Sunrise Grocery stop

Solo run heading back to Atlanta on US129 - no traffic just me

Always good to ride when we can. Sure was a beautiful day.
          Still mad at myself for not calling Brent, Mike & Kurt.

Jeff
          It is a great big beautiful world out there
          Brent in GA
          Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

Working...
          X