Late Season Ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Late Season Ride

MaximPhil and I got out for another ride, getting pretty late in the season for us north of the boarder folk but Sunday looked like it was going to warm up so we made a plan.

Temps were 5 -10 C, or 41 - 50 F starting out, but warmed a bit through the day to 10 -15 C, or 50 - 59F.

We decided to meet at Anna Mae's Restaurant for breakfast again since it was good and cheap last time. Unfortunately, they are closed on Sundays so I rolled up to find Phil standing in an empty parking lot. So that forced an immediate change in a planned route, to find a place to eat. Neither of us had had a thing yet!

Keep in mind, this is Sunday in Mennonite country....and I mean country. Nothing out here but fields, and horses and buggies heading to church. The breath was quite noticeable puffing out of the horses.

Nearest likely place looked to be Elmira so we headed there and found an open sign at the Sip and Bite.

They had a good basic breakfast and lots of hot coffee. Perfect. Here we are, well-fed and warmed up, ready to resume our ride.

Here is the route we took, the objective was to follow along the Grand River / Elora gorge, north on one side and return south on the other. Worked out pretty good, nice colours, and didn't have to stop too many time to check the map.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Anna...43.4083924!3e0

We ended our ride together at Moose Winooskis, food was decent but a bit pricey, but after noticing that every single waitress seem fit a similar attractive “profile”, I suspected we were not just paying for the food, so the price became more acceptable

We were in opposite directions to get home from there, so checked the maps for some friendlier roads to avoid the dreaded 401, and parted ways, richer for the experience. About 220km for me to get back to Stratford, a bit more for Phil I’m sure.
    Last edited by dbbrian; 10-23-2016, 08:43 PM.
    '78 XS1100E (the newest bike I've ever owned)
    '74 CB350F1 (under restoration)
    '72 RT2 MX360 (gone but not forgotten)

Nice picture. Thanks for the write up Brian. About 360Km for me. I was ready for that breakfast an hour earlier but such is life in Mennonite country.
    I should learn to remember to take pictures too
    Phil
    1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
    1983 XJ 650 Maxim
    2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Looks to be definitely cool. Noticed the GIVI tailtrunk...looks good on there. Reason it caught my eye is I have the large GIVI with the led brake lite, carrier rack and backrest. It just happens to have been on my 92ST that magaged to T-bone with me aboard last June. ST totaled and at times, feel like I have as much internal metal as a robot.
      Good to see your still gettin' some ridin' in.
      81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Great riding here too.
        Trees were full of color but high winds Sat./Sun. took most leaves off.
        76 XS650 C ROADSTER
        80 XS650 G Special II
        https://ibb.co/album/icbGgF
        80 XS 1100 SG
        81 XS 1100LH/SH DARKHORSE
        https://tinyurl.com/k6nzvtw
        AKA; Don'e, UD, Unca Don'e

Comment

Nice pics! My last "official" ride will be next Saturday with my younger broski. I still ride to work everyday, but any casual rides are over.
          1979 XS1100F
          2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

Working...
          X