Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spring in Georgia! Pine Mountain - A Duck out of water!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring in Georgia! Pine Mountain - A Duck out of water!

XS Folks,
    Took my first REAL ride on my "Mayberry Duck" today with Nancy on the back. Put well over 100 miles on the ticker without an issue.

My favorite local drive is Pine Mountain Georgia.

It's a beautiful day here in Georgia and nearly every Harley owner was out and about Pine Mountain. Other than the dozens and dozens of HD's I saw one BMW.

As usual, we're driving the only non-HD but getting plenty of attention...

Several of the HD guys, driving their 20K+++ machines, were taking pics of and asking questions about "That Ole' XS11". Some had stories to tell and memories of "That Classic Rocket" as referred to by one of the guys. We left together with Nancy & I in trail position but that didn't last long. It was clear the HD boys were trying to give me the slip but the XS11 didn't have any issue keeping up and passin' ALL those HOGS!

It's great! SPRING is back! Driving season is HERE AGAIN!!!!

Kurt
    Kurt Boehringer
    Peachtree City, Georgia

1970 - CT70K0 - Mini-Trail
    1978 - SR500 - Thumper
    1979 - CT70H - Mini-Trail
    1979 - XS1100SF - Pensacola
    1980 - XS850SG - Rocky
    1980 - XS1100SG - The Ugly Duck
    1980 - XS1100SG - Mayberry Duck
    1981 - XS1100SH - DEAD Duck Cafe'
    1981 - XJ550 Maxim - Nancy's Mini-Max
    1982 - XJ650 SECA - Hurricane
    1986 - FJ1200 - Georgia Big Red
    1992 - FZR1000 - Genesis
    2016 - FJR1300A - Montgomery

Originally posted by kboehringer View Post
    the XS11 didn't have any issue keeping up and passin' ALL those HOGS!

Kurt
    Most of those Hardley riders and their rolling roadblocks seem to take offence to that.
    Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Looks like some decent riding weather there compared to what their havin' east of here Vail Pass and Denver area of which I just posted a weather thread. Oldest son was gonna head backhome toward Longmont(north of Denver) in his '06 Dodge 4x4 Cummins deiesel till he saw on news of the conds./situation.......tomorrow lookin' the better option.
      81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Hardley Drivers....

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
        Most of those Hardley riders and their rolling roadblocks seem to take offence to that.
        Greg,
        If they had been wearing "Club Colors" I would NOT have given them the pass. But these were just a bunch of good ole' Georgia & 'Bama boys with a couple of their gals along for a day ride.

Besides, Mayberry was takin' a bit of offense herself! This was sort of a "Shakedown" cruise for the ole' gal anyway (not Nancy the bike ).

All the leaves are about out and the temps couldn't be much better in the mid->upper 70's. It was definitely a beautiful day for a hundred XS11 miles in Georgia!

KURT
        Kurt Boehringer
        Peachtree City, Georgia

1970 - CT70K0 - Mini-Trail
        1978 - SR500 - Thumper
        1979 - CT70H - Mini-Trail
        1979 - XS1100SF - Pensacola
        1980 - XS850SG - Rocky
        1980 - XS1100SG - The Ugly Duck
        1980 - XS1100SG - Mayberry Duck
        1981 - XS1100SH - DEAD Duck Cafe'
        1981 - XJ550 Maxim - Nancy's Mini-Max
        1982 - XJ650 SECA - Hurricane
        1986 - FJ1200 - Georgia Big Red
        1992 - FZR1000 - Genesis
        2016 - FJR1300A - Montgomery

Comment

Love the color even more now.!She stands out.!Nice job on your build.! Being that our bikes our classics Everybody had one or wanted one,at some time, back when.!. People love to see the classics.!
          1980xs1100.sg Pacifica Fairing ..stock.
          2006 Honda Shadow Spirit 1100.! ⛺

Comment

Originally posted by tomcos67 View Post
            Love the color even more now.!She stands out.!Nice job on your build.! Being that our bikes our classics Everybody had one or wanted one,at some time, back when.!. People love to see the classics.!
            ......wanted one.......got one new in 81'.......still have it and is now a classic. BTW, nice lookin' bike all back up and runnin'!
            Last edited by motoman; 04-17-2016, 07:10 PM.
            81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Looks like a great day for a ride!

And oh my gosh! GREAT job on your bike!
              I love the color along with several of the design changes.
              Really nice
              81 SH Something Special
              81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
              81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
              80 LG Black Magic
              78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
              For those on FB

Comment

Working...
              X