30th International XS1100 Rally in Weiler near Bingen, Germany

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 30th International XS1100 Rally in Weiler near Bingen, Germany

Hi guys, for those who like pics and special builds: here are my pics from last saturday when we visited the 30th International XS1100 Rally. This year it was held in Weiler near Bingen in Germany. The camping site was between the grape vines on a hill near the Rhine valley. Great location and special thanks to Dodo and Dieter and all volunteers who made it possible. Only downside was a huge thunderstorm friday night... Again I was surprised by the number of very well maintained stock bikes with their stock exhausts still in place.. Also a couple of spectacular specials built by Peter Hoffmann. Hope you like he pics.

click
    XS1100 3X0 '82 restomod, 2H9 '78 chain drive racer, 3H3 '79 customized.
    MV Agusta Brutale 910R '06.
    Triumph 1200 Speed Trophy '91, Triumph 1200 '93.
    Z1 '73 restomod, Z1A '74 yellow/green, KZ900 A4 '76 green.
    Yamaha MT-09 Tracer '15 grey.
    Kawasaki Z1300 DFI '84 modified, red.

Nice pics Mathh! Alot of technical ingenuity shown there!......but, that's the norn on your side of the pond. Love the Martini side-hack, but you already knew I have a 'soft-spot' for the Martini anyways.
    81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

BTW Mathh, unless I've missed something 'along the way', I'd REALLY like the see a pic of the XS11 frame/bike that you twin'sparred getting around the upper portion of the xs11 motor. FWIW, I have yet to to see a modified XS11 from across the pond that I DIDN'T like. Like I said, you folks 'getter-done' RIGHT and have some spectacular modified XS11's, and folks with some REAL skill-sets;.
      81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Good news for you.... on this rally I met Tom Biles from the Uk and we made a bet ... for 2016 he has to finish his and come to France with his XJ1100 and I have to finish mine and come with the twin spar racer .....
        Ooooops ....
        XS1100 3X0 '82 restomod, 2H9 '78 chain drive racer, 3H3 '79 customized.
        MV Agusta Brutale 910R '06.
        Triumph 1200 Speed Trophy '91, Triumph 1200 '93.
        Z1 '73 restomod, Z1A '74 yellow/green, KZ900 A4 '76 green.
        Yamaha MT-09 Tracer '15 grey.
        Kawasaki Z1300 DFI '84 modified, red.

Comment

Originally posted by Mathh View Post
          Good news for you.... on this rally I met Tom Biles from the Uk and we made a bet ... for 2016 he has to finish his and come to France with his XJ1100 and I have to finish mine and come with the twin spar racer .....
          Ooooops ....
          Nice!......but I can't let you off that easy. How bout at least posting in a build thread some of those old pics of the initial twin-spar fabrication with the english wheel and some of those metal fabricating 'torture' devices in the backround? Lots of new members here I'm sure would like to see what the heck we're talkin' about. Besides, adds a little incentive for ya'.

Comment

Working...
          X