The Year's Day ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Year's Day ride

I got my ride in today. I like starting the year with a ride.

Lake Winfield Scott

Woody Gap. This is where the Appalachian Trail crosses.

Chestatee overlook

Temp was low 50's starting out. I could tell it was about 40F crossing over Blood Mountain. I enjoyed views that I don't normally get with the leaves in the way. I got in just as it was getting dark. I enjoyed the run in the cold evening air, followed by sitting by the fire. Pics were from my phone. I know the quality is poor. Happy New Year!
    Marty (in Mississippi)
    XS1100SG
    XS650SK
    XS650SH
    XS650G
    XS6502F
    XS650E

Hi Marty,
    Happy New Year to you. Nice pictures bring back memories of some of the rides we have taken together. Never occured to me to take the bike out as it was well below freezing and strong winds.
    Phil
    1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
    1983 XJ 650 Maxim
    2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Pics look pretty good. Glad some can get out and enjoy decent weather. Will certainly be a while before we up here in the North can ride!
      79 F
      Previously owned: (among others)
      1969 Harley- Davidson Rapido 125 (Aermacchi)
      1967 Suzuki X6 Hustler
      1973 Suzuki TM 125
      1979 XS1100 F
      2005 Kaw. Vulcan VN800
      1991 BMW K75

Comment

Originally posted by MaximPhil View Post
        Hi Marty,
        Happy New Year to you. Nice pictures bring back memories of some of the rides we have taken together.
        Phil
        I didn't go anywhere today that we haven't been together. That's pretty cool, isn't it?
        Marty (in Mississippi)
        XS1100SG
        XS650SK
        XS650SH
        XS650G
        XS6502F
        XS650E

Comment

Originally posted by jetmechmarty View Post
          I didn't go anywhere today that we haven't been together. That's pretty cool, isn't it?
          Hi Marty,
          It certainly is. I totally understand why you choose to live where you do. thanks for sharing.
          Phil
          1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
          1983 XJ 650 Maxim
          2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

I wanted to take a New Years Day ride but the temps were in the teens here then. Besides, my battery took a powder. I have an AGM on the way though.
            Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Working...
            X