No announcement yet.

Been on a ride today? Well, post em up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been on a ride today? Well, post em up!

West side of Bowen Island BC

End of the road.

No sharks but there was a snake in the grass. Pthhhhhhhtttt!

And the money shot...

Living to EXcess.
    1978 XS1100E Canadian, Cartridge emulators, NOS heavy duty fork springs,
    Showa rear shocks, ACCT, Jardine 4-2 spaghetti pipes.
    1979 XS1100F Canadian, stock exhaust. Top end rebuild in progress.

Beautiful bike! Is that as GS front rim?
    1979 XS1100F
    2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

Thanks. I'm enjoying it greatly. Met a guy today who restored a 79 to mint but has it in storage. He might dust it off and call me to go riding again.

GS front rim? Certainly not! It's an xs650 rim. A genetic match transplant. Exact fit, mods needed. The rear is a project in the final stages.
      Living to EXcess.

Comment

Rear rim

Can't wait to see that rear wheel ! Hope your taking pics !
        76 XS650 C ROADSTER
        80 XS650 G Special II
        https://ibb.co/album/icbGgF
        80 XS 1100 SG
        81 XS 1100LH/SH DARKHORSE
        https://tinyurl.com/k6nzvtw
        AKA; Don'e, UD, Unca Don'e

Comment

There's nothing wrong with a little wheel mixing! This one moved from spokes to cast.
          Marty (in Mississippi)
          XS1100SG
          XS650SK
          XS650SH
          XS650G
          XS6502F
          XS650E

Comment

Wheel mixing is good for the soul.

I have a thread about the rear wire wheel conversion here: http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread...ire+wheel+idea

Now... Anyone else got any ride pics to share?
            Living to EXcess.

Comment

Originally posted by jetmechmarty View Post

There's nothing wrong with a little wheel mixing! This one moved from spokes to cast.
              That 650 looks like it's working pretty hard with your frame riding it Marty.
              Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Probs why the spoke to mag conversion Dude, What are you? Seven feet tall?

Those 650's sure are purdy.
                Living to EXcess.

Comment

The photo was taken at the end of a long trip on the XS650. We covered the length of the Blue Ridge Parkway and Skyline Drive and a return. The bike pulls me along just fine. The springs are off an XS1100 and stiffer than the recommended heavy duty for XS650. I'm a little under 6'5" tall. I love the XS650 even if it's a bit small for me. I've owned this one since new.

XS1100 is a better fit.
                  Last edited by jetmechmarty; 07-19-2014, 08:53 PM.
                  Marty (in Mississippi)
                  XS1100SG
                  XS650SK
                  XS650SH
                  XS650G
                  XS6502F
                  XS650E

Comment

Not today from a couple of years ago

'80 XS1100 SG
                    Don't let the good times pass you by..grab all you can
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_Z4cjUlIo4

Comment

Originally posted by jetmechmarty View Post
                      The photo was taken at the end of a long trip on the XS650. We covered the length of the Blue Ridge Parkway and Skyline Drive and a return. The bike pulls me along just fine. The springs are off an XS1100 and stiffer than the recommended heavy duty for XS650. I'm a little under 6'5" tall. I love the XS650 even if it's a bit small for me. I've owned this one since new.

XS1100 is a better fit.
                      Yes, it is. The 11 still feels a little small for me a 6'.
                      Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Evolution

2010, a park in west Tulsa

Lost Rally Minnesota 2012

On the road to Minnesota 2012

Banned Camp Rally central Oklahoma 2012

Picture contest, Tulsa 2013..

Leavenworth National Cemetery, Leavenworth Kansas..

The Lost Rally, Minnesota.

Tallihina, Ok, 2012. On the end of the north to south Arkansas run.

Somewhere in Arkansas on the same trip.

South Texas 2012 at the M.O.M. rally.

Ready to head out to North Carolina 2012. XSSE

Riding "The Tail Of The Dragon" at XSSE 2012.

Ready to head out somewhere this year but circumstances haven't allowed yet.

Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Now that's how you bring it. Thanks BA80!
                          Living to EXcess.

Comment

Hey Greg,
                            Looking at some of your pictures and it looks like you have something strapped on your seat,padding? I could sure use one on my SG,my butt gets so sore at times,well we won't go there:-)
                            '80 XS1100 SG
                            Don't let the good times pass you by..grab all you can
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_Z4cjUlIo4

Comment

That's actually a seat pad for an ATV Bill. Several of the southern outlaws use them.

I get mine at Wally World, they are about $20. It's brand name is Mad dog.

Gives you about 3/4" more pad and breaths better than vinyl or leather. Not only that, instead of wearing out your bikes seat cover, it wears out. $20 every year or 2 is a lot cheaper than getting your seat recovered.

There's couple other tricks for LD riding that help too. Bicycle shorts under your riding pants is one good one.
                              Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Working...
                              X