Retired and Riding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retired and Riding

Well every tuesday in Miamitown OH the R&R group get together at the Wendys for coffee and cure the worlds problems and more or less BS.
    Well I have been able to make some of these meetings over the years,I have not been riding for some time now but I did manage to ride down there last week to hang out with the boys So I took a few pictures of the bikes...
    when these guys leave you had better be out of the way or you will become a speed bump in the parking lot So here we go..I think this site has a ten pic per post so I might have to make two posts to finish.

Beautiful bike!!

'80 XS1100 SG
    Don't let the good times pass you by..grab all you can
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_Z4cjUlIo4

And I parked away from the group in case I dropped my bike and like a Flo Progressive commercial I might knock them all over..as if they would notice

Don't get stuck on a railroad crossing...

Two Bergmans in above pictures

So they usually divide up into a short 100 mile run or a 200 mile run groups.
    This is EVERY tuesday so they are serious riders!!Oldest is 86 and just got a new Wing.At 60 I am not the youngest but close to it.
    Always great roads and lunch along the way with plenty of p stops
    See you somewhere down the road.
    '80 XS1100 SG

Comment

It's funny how tiny that XS looks compared to the Wings. Gawdddd, those Wings are beautiful! I'd love to test ride one and open it up.
      1979 XS1100F
      2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

Originally posted by IanDMacDonald View Post
        It's funny how tiny that XS looks compared to the Wings. Gawdddd, those Wings are beautiful! I'd love to test ride one and open it up.
        I'd be afraid of falling over. Just had a hell of a time getting my SH on the center stand with just a very slight grade. They are pretty and pretty vicious looking too. Thanks for the show ! Done
        76 XS650 C ROADSTER
        80 XS650 G Special II
        https://ibb.co/album/icbGgF
        80 XS 1100 SG
        81 XS 1100LH/SH DARKHORSE
        https://tinyurl.com/k6nzvtw
        AKA; Don'e, UD, Unca Don'e

Comment

It's really good to see you're riding again, even if it's just a little day-trippin' and no tippin'!

I liked the side-hack too with the kids' names and Taz stuck to the windshield!

-- Scott
          _____
          ♬
          2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
          1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
          1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
          1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
          1979 XS1100F: parts
          2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.
          ♬

Comment

Scott...this guy loads his wife on the back and two kids in the hack and they go on vacation To me that is a big WOW factorOne of the guys has a prosthesis leg and sometimes falls over if on really uneven ground so they stop and pick him back up...I can kinda relate to that
            Well these guys can tell you stories about riding that would keep Rider magazine in business for years...I just sit there and listen drinking my coffee..My little trips fail in comparison.
            '80 XS1100 SG

Comment

Originally posted by STEPPENWOLF View Post
              ... One of the guys has a prosthesis leg and sometimes falls over if on really uneven ground so they stop and pick him back up...I can kinda relate to that
              It's good to have friends to help when you have to check all the different sides of your motorcycle just to make absolutely sure you've got the shiny side up!

-- Scott
              _____
              ♬
              2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
              1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
              1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
              1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
              1979 XS1100F: parts
              2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.
              ♬

Comment

Man great post! If i lived closer, i would love to drop in one of those rides. I am only 42 but feel a lot older, would that count? Seems they really like Hondas, of course Honda makes a great bike too. Is that a factory made sidecar? I have never seen one with a top, my wife might like that, i am sure fred would!lol
                Jeff
                77 XS750 2D completely stock
                79 SF XS1100 "Picky" stock with harley mufflers

Comment

Friends are good especially those since childhood even if you don't see them for awhile you know if you call they will be there.
                  Yeah that is a factory made side car,mmm dang he told me what it was,I thought it was too cool myself,but I forget the brand. If I am able to make it tomorrow and he is there I will ask him again.
                  Beckley..I used to be there every monday morning for about four years delivering to the ARH hospital.
                  I tipped over a week or so ago and had to have help picking it up..not the man I used to be

'80 XS1100 SG

Comment

None of us are the men we used to be unless we are in our 20's or maybe 30's! That hospital is about 6 miles from me.
                    Jeff
                    77 XS750 2D completely stock
                    79 SF XS1100 "Picky" stock with harley mufflers

Comment

Originally posted by STEPPENWOLF View Post
                      So they usually divide up into a short 100 mile run or a 200 mile run groups.
                      This is EVERY tuesday so they are serious riders!!Oldest is 86 and just got a new Wing.At 60 I am not the youngest but close to it.
                      Wow ... sounds like these people really love to ride ... that's awesome!

Hope I'm still alive and kickin' and able to ride at 86!!

Great pics!
                      Marco

Current bikes:
                      1979 Yamaha XS Eleven Special (SF)
                      1979 Honda CBX
                      2002 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

Rest in Peace, Don Glardon (DGXSER) 1966-2014
                      WE MISS YOU, DON

Comment

Steppenwolf,
                        Great write up and pics!
                        That's cool.
                        Gotta ask... Did the 86 yo guy put his new wing on a payment plan?

Sorry...couldn't resist...seemed like something I might do one day if I were his age buying a new Wing....

Can you imagine the look on the loan officer's face when you ask him to put it on a 7 year loan? Shoot, at $30k or more, I'd probably have too! Lol

Kudos to that guy! I'm really impressed!
                        New Wing at 86... Wow! That's cool!
                        '82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
                        "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

Well the 86 year old sons bought him the bikeI thought that was really cool.He is actually 87 now that I think about it. This picture is from january of '2013...he had 40 miles on the bike at the time..he is the guy on the left and doesn't look it.Only five bikes showed up that wet,nasty day with salt and sand, snow still on the ground trucks blowing up mist everywhere..it was a good ride.

And my 11

'80 XS1100 SG

Comment

Working...
                          X