Colorado Assistance Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colorado Assistance Needed

I stopped for the night in Torrington Wyoming and have a broken exhaust stud on number 1 cylinder. If you have a driveway I can work in and a drill (or just electricity and I will buy you a drill) to replace it I would be most appreciative.

We will be hitting Ft Collins late this morning.

Try me by PM and i will send a cell number (based on which might have reception). Our motel has wifi tonight.

I will be tracking down a new stud as soon as we hit town.

Thanks
    John
    John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
    '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
    Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Originally posted by jwhughes3 View Post
    I stopped for the night in Torrington Wyoming and have a broken exhaust stud on number 1 cylinder. If you have a driveway I can work in and a drill (or just electricity and I will buy you a drill) to replace it I would be most appreciative.

We will be hitting Ft Collins late this morning.

Try me by PM and i will send a cell number (based on which might have reception). Our motel has wifi tonight.

I will be tracking down a new stud as soon as we hit town.

Thanks
    John
    Met John, his sons and John's friend(1800Wing) riding to Denver to meet up with them and ride some Co. mountain roads with them south for several hundred miles. Met up at another members house and John had drilled the stud and using an easy-out remaining stud would NOT budge. Rather than make things worse, he decided to leave well enough alone. Rained two out of the three days I rode with them. They split off at Pagosa Springs, Colo. after we all had lunch(John had to take right side control off and retrieve the start button after it dissapeared inside the control) and were headed south for Santa Fe, N.M. en route back home. Sure he'll be postin here pertaining to there what looked like to end up being close to a 7,000mi. trip for them all.
    81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Yup thanks Brant for the recap. I plan a ride report but need to get my pics ready. Too much going on with my Aunt in hospice but at least we made it back in time. 7,105miles.

John
      John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
      '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
      Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

Working...
      X