Walla Walla, WA to Kennewick, Wa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walla Walla, WA to Kennewick, Wa

Yeah not a big ride but it was the first to see what my 79 xs1100s could do. started off by going to the gas station. While pulling up hit my kill switch and bam the thing goes all over. Greg assistted in fixing me up by cyber repair. along the ride I did ok. got to admit that the handling is very nice, smooth and very comfortable to ride. Along the way I joined up with some other riders on some Yamahas that seemed all to thrilled to have me ride with them. We did ok and everyone seemed to like the ride. This ride has a lot of twist and turns in it along with climbs like no other. No accelleration issues at all. Got to Kennewick which was a short 50 mile ride got the saddle bags and headed back. Along the way I think I picked up the entire bug population of Washington State on my helmet visor! Had to pull over and clean off my visor cause it was getting hard to see. Then the best part was I got about 3/4 of the way home and my low beam went out but the high beam still works. So that is going to get fixed before anything. Got the bulb sitting in the garage. Just waiting for it to cool down a little. Rather than that good ride, good company and just a few tweaks and repairs to do and I am all good.
    79 SF

Wow, did I just give advice? should I be doing that?

1983 GL1100 bored to a 1300 sold
    1976cb750 project gifted to brother
    1979 xs1100s currently working on

Wanting to have that head turner that makes people shut up!

Glad you got it running decent kid. Be careful.

I see a windshield or a fairing in your future. You'll get tired fof the bugs and the wind. Rain is a whole other thread.
    Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

That's a windy ride.
      Have you ridden to Palouse Falls?Me and a friend did that ride a few years ago when I lived in Spokane. Pretty fun ride.
      80 SG XS1100
      14 Victory Cross Country

Comment

Didn't have a scoot when I lived there and I was in Seattle and Port Angeles. I've driven the peninsula back roads a lot wishing I WAS on a bike. Some really great roads up there.
        Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

I never got to ride on the West side of Washington when I lived there either.
          There is lots of good riding there though.
          I would really like to ride down or up the Pacific Coast highway from California all the way to Seattle...maybe next year.
          80 SG XS1100
          14 Victory Cross Country

Comment

Don't stop at Seattle, bring your passport and drive up the Sea to Sky Highway along the coast of B.C., or catch the ferry to Victoria from Port Angeles and drive up Vancouver Island.
            Bone stock 1980 Special except for the exhaust and crashbars. Oh yeah, and the scabbard for the Winchester Defender.

Comment

Originally posted by dondons1984 View Post
              Yeah not a big ride but it was the first to see what my 79 xs1100s could do. started off by going to the gas station. While pulling up hit my kill switch and bam the thing goes all over. Greg assistted in fixing me up by cyber repair. along the ride I did ok. got to admit that the handling is very nice, smooth and very comfortable to ride. Along the way I joined up with some other riders on some Yamahas that seemed all to thrilled to have me ride with them. We did ok and everyone seemed to like the ride. This ride has a lot of twist and turns in it along with climbs like no other. No accelleration issues at all. Got to Kennewick which was a short 50 mile ride got the saddle bags and headed back. Along the way I think I picked up the entire bug population of Washington State on my helmet visor! Had to pull over and clean off my visor cause it was getting hard to see. Then the best part was I got about 3/4 of the way home and my low beam went out but the high beam still works. So that is going to get fixed before anything. Got the bulb sitting in the garage. Just waiting for it to cool down a little. Rather than that good ride, good company and just a few tweaks and repairs to do and I am all good.
              Hi Don,

I grew up in Kennewick, used to drive or ride to work everyday in the Walla Walla area. Bugs are the norm most of the time. It is a twisty road, once I did the trip in 35 minutes. The type of thing you do when your young and fearless (make that dumb).

Ride safe,
              Larry
              Inventor of the YICS Eliminator. Want one? Get it here.
              http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread...399#post183399

If you're not riding, you're not living!
              82 XJ1100
              80 XS1100G (Project bike)
              64 Yamaha YA-6
              77 Suzuki TS-185

79 XS1100SF Built this one for a friend.
              See it here... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBYT4C9_6Ac

Comment

Working...
              X