No announcement yet.

Anyone Ever Really RIDE the XS11?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd really love to get my bike out on a closed track and practice some lines. It wasnt until the end of last year thay I felt comfortable enough to explore the limits of the bike. Trust me, it leaves a lot to be desired. That doesnt mean it isnt a lot of fun though, you just have to realize what it's shortcomings are and respect them. Dragging peg is challenging but can be done. I've been trying to wear off the chicken strips on my new tire and think the pegs or my boots are going to wear off first.

Rear tire:

Front tire:

Given the roads in my area this is pretty good on a bike with 35 year old suspension.
    Last edited by WMarshy; 07-20-2013, 08:34 PM.
    '79 XS11 F
    Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
    Stock, no title.

'84 Chevy K-10 "Big Blue"
    GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

Comment

Certainly not my style, but I have seen some amazing riding on the XS. The best I ever saw was Marty Ambrose two up with Sally on their full dress E with pegs scraping and sparking.
      Former owner, but I have NO PARTS LEFT!

Comment

I guess after reading all of these responses I feel kind of silly asking the question regarding this bike's performance. No-doubt on a straightaway it's fun, but around corners it's just too scary. I have sport bikes I can have that fun with on a track. My XS will be respected for the street riding it was designed for.
        1979 XS1100F
        2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

Originally posted by IanDMacDonald View Post
          I guess after reading all of these responses I feel kind of silly asking the question regarding this bike's performance. No-doubt on a straightaway it's fun, but around corners it's just too scary. I have sport bikes I can have that fun with on a track. My XS will be respected for the street riding it was designed for.
          Good choice! These ole' 11's accelerate fast, corner, and stop.........just not two of the three at the same time. After spending alot of riding time on my ST, the XS11 reminds me very quickly that it can not follow suite, as I easily can override its capability.
          81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Working...
          X