Booger Hollow Run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Booger Hollow Run

I had a friend who rode up from Tallahassee over the weekend. He hooked up with Brent and I met them on the square in Cleveland, Georgia. Brent has been working on his Eleven Special.

After catching up, I offered to lead on the Booger Hollow Loop. We call it that because a small part of it is on Booger Hollow Road and we like that name. The first stop was for ethanol free gasoline at the Turner's Corner Store. We spent some time there, too. I like this hot rod Sportster and we killed some time learning all about it.

We then ascended Blood Mountain on US129 and then over Booger Hollow Rd. We continued on around the north side of Brasstown Bald and through Brasstown Valley. We made a loop around Lake Chatuge, then back south over the mountain and on to Helen. We then went west and climbed the Richard B. Russel. We stopped at the top for another break.

This is Brent and his bike at the top of the RBR.

The next noteworthy part of the ride was a brisk run up Wolf Pen Gap. We stopped near the top and talked about a CB550 that failed to make this turn several years before. The rider survived, but most of the bike still lies at the bottom.

The trip ended at the new Two Wheels of Suches motorcycle resort.

It was fun seeing Brent's makeover!
    From this:

To this:
    Marty (in Mississippi)
    XS1100SG
    XS650SK
    XS650SH
    XS650G
    XS6502F
    XS650E

Brent's bike sure is purdy now.
    It's so shiney too.

Marty, I like your 650 too.

I wish I had roads like that here on the coast of VA.
    Hi, my name is George & I'm a twisty addict!

80G (Green paint(PO idea))
    The Green Monster
    K&N A/F, TC's fuse block, '81 oil cooler, TC's homemade 4-2 w/Mac Mufflers, Raptor 660 ACCT
    Got him in '04.
    bald tire & borrowing parts

80SG (Black w/red emblems & calipers)
    Scarlet
    K&N A/F, TC's fuse block, WJ5, Shoei bags, Raptor 660 ACCT.
    Got her in '11
    Ready for the twisties!

81H (previously CPMaynard's)
    Hugo
    Full Venturer, Indigo Blue with B/W painted tank.
    Cold weather ride

Comment

Glad he got rid of the white paint, it made it look like C.H.I.P.s bike.
      Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
        Glad he got rid of the white paint, it made it look like C.H.I.P.s bike.
        Yes, It did resemble police bike colors. It did look better than the multiple easter egg colors that my young daughter picked out. One friend told me that in California, ONLY police are allowed to ride a black & white bike. Also it seemed to make anyone with outstanding warrants nervous. I like this tank better.

A Great ride. Twisty roads with new smooth pavement. After following Marty, I needed to replace a foot peg. That looks even better. And the inside of my carbs is much cleaner now. Tinkering. Bike runs better. I am getting good at getting the seat off and tank elevated to access carbs. Set height on float bowls...Maybe fixed rich black smoke on hard acceleration trouble.
        It is a great big beautiful world out there
        Brent in GA
        Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

I see ya still have that nifty front fender light Brent!
          80 SG
          81 SH in parts
          99 ST1100
          91 ST1100

Comment

Brent thats a real purdy bike you have there...nice makeover...
            1980 XS650G Special-Two
            1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Working...
            X