Just a nice day for a cruise...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a nice day for a cruise...

My son was home for the weekend and dusted off his 400 Maxim. The weather was stunning so I convinced myself that he needed company on the 2 hour ride back to Vernon. Of course that meant a nice [B]4[B] hour cruise for me to get back home. Couldn't have asked for anything more. I had just replaced the fork seals on my SG so the front end was very much improved! Lots of bikes on the road, every body waving.

The only scary part of the ride was in Vernon waiting to turn left towards his house. We were on the green waiting for traffic to clear. Light turns yellow, Drew looks around and sees nothing amiss and he heads through the intersection. Missed getting creamed by about a foot by some B**** running the yellow light! Probably the most frightening thing for a Dad to witness.

Anyway, all's well that ends well - everybody safe.
    1980 XS 1100 Special
    Mostly stock & original
    Added Yamaha fairing (w/ 8-track!)
    Torpedo bags
    New paint (still) pending
    Stainless brake lines
    Tkat forkbrace
    Coils from Honda 1000

Previous bikes:
    1968(?) 350 Harley Davidson
    1977 Yamaha 650

Sounds like a great day but if your son and that B**** gamble like that often one of them is going to lose.
    1980 XS1100G "Dolly G" Full Dresser (with a coat of many colors )
    1979 XS1100SF (stock-euro mods planned)
    1984 XV700L Virago (to be hot-modded)
    1983 XJ750MK Midnight Maxim (semi-restored DD)
    1977 XS650D ( patiently awaiting resto)

Sometimes it takes a whole tank of gas before you can think straight.

Comment

You're absolutely right - when you gamble, somebody is going to lose. In my son's defense he was in the clear (I was right behind him) and that B**** just decided to make a run for the yellow. If I felt he had made a bad judgement call he would still be limping!
      1980 XS 1100 Special
      Mostly stock & original
      Added Yamaha fairing (w/ 8-track!)
      Torpedo bags
      New paint (still) pending
      Stainless brake lines
      Tkat forkbrace
      Coils from Honda 1000

Previous bikes:
      1968(?) 350 Harley Davidson
      1977 Yamaha 650

Comment

Got the whole pic now, in that case glad both of you made it through unscathed.
        It's not that We are really that invisible, cagers just let themselves get that distracted and because of the recent numerous texting fatalities, in the past couple years, new laws concerning all distractions are on their way.

So eating, reading, putting makeup on and all sorts of other things people think they can get away with propelling 2 tons of deadly weopon down the road will soon be illegal.

Now only if it's enforced.
        1980 XS1100G "Dolly G" Full Dresser (with a coat of many colors )
        1979 XS1100SF (stock-euro mods planned)
        1984 XV700L Virago (to be hot-modded)
        1983 XJ750MK Midnight Maxim (semi-restored DD)
        1977 XS650D ( patiently awaiting resto)

Sometimes it takes a whole tank of gas before you can think straight.

Comment

Working...
        X