My smile ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My smile ride

Well my bike has been running a bit on the poorly side below 3k this year and was taking the fun out of riding,riding the clutch to get going,high rpms to keep from stalling after a stop sign....felt like it was my first day riding all the time. Well DGXSER got it going yesterday and I was going riding today,period.
    Well Issac is coming thru here now but I put the lowers on,saddle bag bras,rain coat and took off to nowhere.Did about 60 miles locally,70mph on the big road,felt at home again with the XS just purring along, I have good rubber below,a few miles of experience in the rain,pickup coil wires won't short out,4 wheeler' s are behaving even as I pass a few,guess the windshield wipers couldn't keep up
    Riding in the rain isn't too bad with a full Vetter fairing...what makes riding in the rain really bad is if you are cold and wet,I learned that early on in my riding's that being a little wet is ok but dress warm even in a warm day.
    Well I had a fun ride,didn't have to wave to another bike,I went nowhere but I did get home with appreciation as to why I ride the XS1100 and the people who help keep it running.

And the end of the ride....
    '80 XS1100 SG
    Don't let the good times pass you by..grab all you can
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_Z4cjUlIo4

You are one diehard rider! Rain has been horrible today, Certainly nothing I would want to be out in. Sunny for a while, then looks like night time and possibly tornados.

Anyway, glad your enjoying the bike in its improved condition!!
    Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
    80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
    93 GSX600F
    80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
    81 XS1100 Special
    81 CB750 C
    80 CB750 C
    78 XS750

Comment

Originally posted by STEPPENWOLF View Post
      took off to nowhere.
      Ain't it great??

Good for you that despite the rain you got out for a ride opportunity. Thanks for posting the pics. Also glad your bike is running better.

As jjz28 has been posting, it is good to get out on any ride and explore something new. Even right in your own area.

Jeff
      78' XS1100 E
      78' XS1100 E
      78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
      '99 Triumph Sprint ST
      '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

Working...
      X