Phipps 6th annual Poker run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phipps 6th annual Poker run

I took about a 100 mile run today with around 140 bikes in NW Wisconsin.
    Phipps is a local strip joint and pretty popular if your into that
    Met a few old friends, there was a big tent with a band, food and prizes.
    I can't say enough about how well it was run and organized. All the intersections were closed off, no one had to stop once, there was 4 stops for cards on the sheet and the bars got swamped big time. We did get rained on a little bit and at the last stop before returning to Phipps it came down pretty good a couple times. Got back towards town and ran home, fed the dog and stuff and went back out to eat some great smoked chicken. Lots of Harleys, a few other bikes, all I can say is I was very happy with how my 81 H ran and performed all day. It was my first big ride like that and it was one of the highlights of my summer so far and gave me a lot of confidence in the bike.
    Funny thing, me and another guy were looking at a old (70s) Moto Guzzi and it turned out to be driven by a friend I hadn't seen in about 20 years.
    For 20 bucks, got a tee shirt, music,food and free admission to the bar, how can you go wrong?
    81 H

$20 sounds like a deal.....with free admission to the bar can you practice law? Stay at a Holiday Inn Express it may help.

Sounds like a great day. Cool seeing your buddy.

John
    John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
    '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
    Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

I should haved added that the ride was to support the local animal shelter and a great cause, I'm a big advocate of theirs and Dec. will be my 3rd year with my dog I adopted (or he adopted me) Either way a rewarding experience.
      It was great to see such a big turn out. Thats my bike in the front. Poor folks that were at the bar got trapped for a while when the parking lot got flooded lol.

Last edited by haywardguy929; 08-20-2012, 03:48 AM.
      81 H

Comment

There two bikes led the ride. What a great site.

81 H

Comment

Yup, know where Phipps is! I have been there a few times a few years ago, not for a bike rally, just for the cold beer.

Will be going right past there this coming Saturday on our way to Lake Superior.

If you are in the area and free, we will be stopping for lunch at the Perkins in Hayward somewhere between 12 and 1.
          The Old Tamer
          1981 XS1100SH (The Black Dragon)

If there are more than three bolts holding it on there, it is most likely a very important part!

Comment

Count me in. See ya at Perkins.
            81 H

Comment

Working...
            X