Brent with his XS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brent with his XS

Tonight I took the 11E for a run out to the computer store. Met up with Brent who was on his XS Special at a pizza joint ordering some Calzones. So, finally Project and Rat Bike had a chance to meet.

Calzone baking time gave us a chance to BS a bit about the bikes and the XS North trip -plus- plan a day ride up into the mountains on maybe Friday if the T-Storms hold off.

We were thinking this might quality as a Rally??

Jeff & Brent
    78' XS1100 E
    78' XS1100 E
    78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
    '99 Triumph Sprint ST
    '02 G-Wing GL1800

Hi Jeff,
    Three for a rally...two is just a ride Anyway I think you have to go far enough to need a motel for a rally?
    1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
    1983 XJ 650 Maxim
    2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Originally posted by MaximPhil View Post
      Hi Jeff,
      Three for a rally...two is just a ride Anyway I think you have to go far enough to need a motel for a rally?
      Yes, just a ride, and a short one at that. But there were 2 XS11s at the same place. Actually my bike known as RAT BIKE was at home; an 82 Honda CM450E. It has won the Rat Bike class at one local bike show. A little new gray duct tape would have been too nice and out of pace on it... a Certified award winning Rat Bike... I have washed it and improved it's appearance some, but my XS looks better. I call my XS HoloHolo Lani - Hawaiian for make the rounds or visit Sky or Heaven.
      It is a great big beautiful world out there
      Brent in GA
      Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

plan a day ride up into the mountains on maybe Friday if the T-Storms hold off.
        There's a possibility that I'll be up for some storm dodging.

Marty (in Mississippi)
        XS1100SG
        XS650SK
        XS650SH
        XS650G
        XS6502F
        XS650E

Comment

Originally posted by JeffH View Post
          Tonight I took the 11E for a run out to the computer store. Met up with Brent who was on his XS Special at a pizza joint ordering some Calzones. So, finally Project and Rat Bike had a chance to meet.

Calzone baking time gave us a chance to BS a bit about the bikes and the XS North trip -plus- plan a day ride up into the mountains on maybe Friday if the T-Storms hold off.

We were thinking this might quality as a Rally??

Jeff & Brent
          Brent is ALWAYS eating. That guy can put away some groceries.
          Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
            can put away some groceries.
            +1 on that .......

March 2011 Louisiana Ride - I found a real nice 'All You Can Eat' Buffet in Hazlehurst Mississippi. Stopped there for Lunch with Brent. Local place, and very well stocked with Good Southern Eats. Was a bit busy toward the end of the lunch rush so we sat near the cashier. Guy with us and I had a couple of plates each plus small desert. Brent, what do they say? "Got Down to It"?? I heard customer after customer pay their bill on the way out. It was $5.99

Since we were near the cashier they could obviously see the "multiple trips". Food was great! When we paid we were charged $9.99 each. I thought that was funny and didn't argue. Guess they want to recoup some $$$ for all those extra groceries consumed including 3 trips for deserts. It is great to see someone enjoy riding and eating as much as he does. Great guy to ride with and be with ...........

Jeff
            78' XS1100 E
            78' XS1100 E
            78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
            '99 Triumph Sprint ST
            '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

Yeah, we went to the Catfish Cabin in Eureka Springs, Ar. and he and some others got the all you can eat fish, shrimp, and chicken. Between him, trbig and Russ79 they about put the place outa business..........................just like LAST time.
              Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Storm Dodging

Originally posted by jetmechmarty View Post
                There's a possibility that I'll be up for some storm dodging.

Lightning like that is one reason I do not aspire to be an "all weather rider." Rain I can do,but I am just not tough enough for a lightning strike. I plan to leave early Friday am if it is not raining yet and return home around supper time, before usual time for evening thunder storms.

Ride reports - Yesterday I rode to grocery store. It IS possible to tie groceries on bike (over $100 worth). Today rode to hardware store for parts brush & cleaning supplies.
                It is a great big beautiful world out there
                Brent in GA
                Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

Brent and his XS. Photoshopped of course.
                  Darrell
                  78E
                  80G project
                  06FJR

Comment

At T.W.O.

Caught Brent as he got off his bike at the Suches rally...I saw him ride it...I did...I really did
                    1980 XS650G Special-Two
                    1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Nice one BNE.

Chris and Brent with JeffH leaning on Brent`s XS and BikerPhil & Don behind.
                      Breakfast at the Rabbit 2011

Phil
                      1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
                      1983 XJ 650 Maxim
                      2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Working...
                      X