Visited one of 3 covered bridges left in Missouri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visited one of 3 covered bridges left in Missouri

The local Meetup.com group that I ride with met a couple of weekends ago, and made a nice, long ride to visit an historical site in the area. We took the long, scenic route with as many added twisties as possible, and after the whole thing, it only ended up being about 145 miles for the whole day. It was a very enjoyable day, well organized and executed.

The bridge was once a toll bridge, and there is still a listing of the original toll amounts for people, carriages, and even livestock. It's been restored at least 3 times since it was built in 1872. The organizers of the ride even managed to put together a video of the ride! It's rather long, but I'm in the first few seconds of the video - Twice!
    1980 XS850SG - Sold
    1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
    Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
    Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
    -H. Ford

Thanks for sharing Marshal. Hamin' it up in the first few minutes.

And now, a moment of silence for that herd of cattle that bravely gave thier lives for all that leather........................................... ................

Couldn't resist.
    Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Tod, Harry, and I stopped at this one on our way back from The Lost Rally last summer. Not sure exactly where it is but somewhere in Missouri just off the highway home.

Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Working...
      X