The Water Fall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Water Fall

So today I took off in search of a water fall, a specific one we went past on one of our SWOXS (South West Ohio XS) group rides. It is near Madison Indiana. Started off with filling the tank, heading out, and just eating up miles of country back roads. Since the path takes me pretty much along the Ohio River, there are plenty of ups and downs and twisty roads along the path. So, about 1-1/2 hours after I began, I arrived in Madison and found the park along the river.

I did not stop to eat. Across the River is Kentucky Not to reinforce any stereotypes about Kentucky, but, yeah that is probably not a camp ground over there.

This is a view along the river looking at the park. In the back is the bridge to cross into Kentucky.

Better shot of the bridge and some old piers.

And a view across the river, always another large hill on the other side of this river, no matter where you go along it.

Entered the Clifty Falls State Park. There is a small water fall in the background. Not the one I was looking for though.

Another waterfall in the park..

Here is a view of it with a wider angle..

You definitely learn things riding through a park, like the fact I suck at riding 15 MPH. Not that I found any park rangers who cared, but it felt like I was walking…slowly.

Anyway, I found some directions, went right..

Found the main waterfall of the park….

a broad view..

A shot downstream

Never did find the one I set out for, but these will do for today. Left the park and headed back for the ‘Nati. Now I know I was just following the sun and basic sense of direction, taking roads that were “less traveled” to quote Frost. But, I had no idea that wrong turn at Albequerque would take me THIS far off course…

A little closer …

Fortunately, I found a quick path back.

Beautiful day even if I never did find that one elusive water fall.
    Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
    80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
    93 GSX600F
    80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
    81 XS1100 Special
    81 CB750 C
    80 CB750 C
    78 XS750

Very nice little trip!
    Nathan
    KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
    K&N Filter
    #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
    OEM Exhaust
    ATK Fork Brace
    LED Dash lights
    Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
    SS Brake Lines
    Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Nice report Don,the fall you were looking for is on RT 7 just north of the park you were in,a steep twisty road shortly before the prison on the west side of town,you may have went too far west on 256 and went up 62.
      Nice ride for sure...wish I coulda been following
      '80 XS1100 SG
      Don't let the good times pass you by..grab all you can
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_Z4cjUlIo4

Comment

Nice ride,park reminds me.gonna take a ride to Saratoga Battlefield tomm. Pics. to follow.
        FOXS-XS11SG

2009 Suzuki V Strom 650,Adventure in Touring,I call her "Smooth" SW Motech engine guard,Coocase top case w/ LED brake and tail lights,20" MRA touring screen w/adjusable bracket,Grip heaters,fender ex-tender,Givi hard sidebags

1980 XS11SG-sold
        1999 Vulcan classic-sold
        1982 XJ 650-sold

Old is only a state of mind......John

Comment

Now I found it, 998 Cragmont Street, Madison Indiana, street view shows it, but the fall is dry. Still a very cool spot!!
          Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
          80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
          93 GSX600F
          80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
          81 XS1100 Special
          81 CB750 C
          80 CB750 C
          78 XS750

Comment

Great little trip! With the kinda luck I have, I think if I was mildly "disorientated" (read lost) I probably would have sighed, and possibly burst into tears if I ran across a sign claiming China!
            Joab

"If nothing else, it will be interesting..."
            Ozark, Alabama

Comment

Working...
            X