took the XS to work yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• took the XS to work yesterday

Rode "old man" to work yesterday. And took the long way home. It's about 12 miles from door to door. Took me 32 miles to get home last night. Then I blew right past the house for another 15 miles. Spun it up thru a few gears on the back roads once or a dozen times. Damn that old dog is running good!
    Don
    1979 XS1100SF "Old Man" bought by my Dad brand new in 79, customized in 80 with Vetter, Standard tank, and touring seat. I inherited in 02 when Dad passed. Been riding it since 09. No resto, bike is a survivor...

2007 RoadStar 1700 Midnight Silverado "The Black Pearl" Cobra Slash-downs, K&N filter. More mods to come

old:
    1989 kawi ex500
    1996 yzf-r6
    1999 yzf-r1
    2001 kawi zx-6r
    2000 Ducati 748
    2002 YZF-R1
    2005 V-Star 1100 Classic

Go go go! That must have felt good!
    Joab

"If nothing else, it will be interesting..."
    Ozark, Alabama

Comment

I started down shifting to pull into my driveway... Seen that the wife wasn't home yet so I just rolled the power back on the kids saw me and told on me when she got home thou I know 2 kids that aren't getting motorcycle rides!
      Don
      1979 XS1100SF "Old Man" bought by my Dad brand new in 79, customized in 80 with Vetter, Standard tank, and touring seat. I inherited in 02 when Dad passed. Been riding it since 09. No resto, bike is a survivor...

2007 RoadStar 1700 Midnight Silverado "The Black Pearl" Cobra Slash-downs, K&N filter. More mods to come

old:
      1989 kawi ex500
      1996 yzf-r6
      1999 yzf-r1
      2001 kawi zx-6r
      2000 Ducati 748
      2002 YZF-R1
      2005 V-Star 1100 Classic

Comment

Dratted kids...thats why I only have a cat....and no wife...or maybe the cat is why I have no wife or kids...hmm...
        Joab

Ozark, Alabama

Comment

it can't be the cat... it's never the cat... right?

Comment

Usually chick dig dudes with cats... I had a prairie dog when I met my wife. When she moved in with me her and Taz (the prairie dog) became friends. Which I found odd cuz Taz was a female and she hated chicks. Sadly 2 months after my wife moved in with me Taz died in her sleep.... So the story goes

Now I have 2 kids and 2 dogs.... Glad I only got 1 wife!
            Don

old:
            1989 kawi ex500
            1996 yzf-r6
            1999 yzf-r1
            2001 kawi zx-6r
            2000 Ducati 748
            2002 YZF-R1
            2005 V-Star 1100 Classic

Comment

Originally posted by ddragon63 View Post
              Glad I only got 1 wife!
              She's probably glad of that too.

Glad you got some fun time on the bike!

and yeah... kids have a way of getting you into trouble.

lol
              81 SH Something Special
              81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
              81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
              80 LG Black Magic
              78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
              For those on FB

Comment

Maybe I just dont have enough cats...I suppose I could try to import prairie dogs...
                Joab

Ozark, Alabama

Comment

Originally posted by Joab View Post
                  Maybe I just dont have enough cats...I suppose I could try to import prairie dogs...
                  LMAO.... It was always good times! "what's in the cage?" "Prairie Dog..." "Oh she's so cute!" "for your own safety I will only tell you this once... DO NOT open the cage! She a jealous bitch!"

Maybe you need a dog instead of a cat?
                  If I were you I wouldn't worry about it. I use to think there was something wrong with 1 of my buddies who is 45, single, no kids... Now I'm thikin he's just smarter than me
                  Don

old:
                  1989 kawi ex500
                  1996 yzf-r6
                  1999 yzf-r1
                  2001 kawi zx-6r
                  2000 Ducati 748
                  2002 YZF-R1
                  2005 V-Star 1100 Classic

Comment

Working...
                  X