Nice little ride....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice little ride....

in the middle of January. I love this country.

Took a little ride in the country west of Tulsa this afternoon. About 40 or 50 miles. I took off going west along the Arkansas River headed toward Keystone Lake. When I reached the turnoff for the lake I turned..............THE OTHER WAY!

Headed south into the unknown turning here and there on the labrinth of county roads until I looked around and thought "I have no idea where the hell I am". So naturally I kept going.

Just when I was beginning to think I was hopelessly lost I came upon this sign......

....and at that point I knew I was on the right road.

Hope y'all had a good day too. It was in the mid 60s here. A bit windy but WTH. Had a decent ride.
    Last edited by BA80; 01-15-2012, 04:59 PM.
    Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

I thought those signs don't exist in ok
    91 kwaka kz1000p
    Stock

( Insert clever quote here )

Comment

Originally posted by GARTHXS View Post
      I thought those signs don't exist in ok
      Yep, pretty rare actually. That's why I thought it picture worthy.
      Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Good Times

It looks like you had a great time. I do the same thing quite a bit, some times in my own general area but many time when I'm away in the winter in areas like Parker, AZ and Gulf Shores. AL. Once in a while I'll get a bit freaked out when I start to get low on gas and I'm not sure where the hell the next gas station is. I've been tooling around the Colorado River area between Lake Havasu AZ and Needles, CA. Got stuck having to get gas in Needles, paid $4.59. I't over a buck cheaper per gal. in AZ.
        Can't beat the smell of gas & oil

Comment

Cool

Very Cool I used to work in Tulsa, Trinity Tulsa body shop was one of my biggest customers, nice people up there, but I always had to have a pocket full of money for all the damm toll boths
          Originally posted by BA80 View Post
          in the middle of January. I love this country.

Took a little ride in the country west of Tulsa this afternoon. About 40 or 50 miles. I took off going west along the Arkansas River headed toward Keystone Lake. When I reached the turnoff for the lake I turned..............THE OTHER WAY!

Headed south into the unknown turning here and there on the labrinth of county roads until I looked around and thought "I have no idea where the hell I am". So naturally I kept going.

Just when I was beginning to think I was hopelessly lost I came upon this sign......

....and at that point I knew I was on the right road.

Hope y'all had a good day too. It was in the mid 60s here. A bit windy but WTH. Had a decent ride.
          1979 XS1100 Special (Mad Max, OEM) Current
          1980 XS1100 Special
          1990 V Max
          1982 KZ750 LTD Twin
          1986 700 FZR Yamaha Fazer (faster then expected)
          1979 XS750 Special (my 1st Special)
          1974 CB750-Four

Past/pres Car's
          1961 Catalina 389/1970 Torino GT 351/1967GTO 12to1 comp./ Roller cam/ T-10/ 456 gear/Tri-power/1967 GTO 400, 1969 Camaro, 1968 Z28, 2001 BMW M Roadster 0 to 60 in 4.5 sec. Jaguar XK8

Comment

There's ALWAYS a way around the dammed toll roads. Usually a nicer ride too.
            Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Working...
            X