The Banned Bunch Rides Again!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Banned Bunch Rides Again!!!!

Silverback and I had been talking about going on a ride this Labor Day weekend but all the other a$$holes were either broke like me, or had other stuff going on, or were on yet ANOTHER EXOTIC VACATION. So, being I was wanting to deliver some parts I had traded to Treeves , I figured what the hell. I'll ride to Topeka see if Silverback would ride along. He agreed and I was going to head to Wichita and meet up then go to Topeka from there. COOL!

Well, we brought this up to RussXS79 and he said he wanted to ride too. To make a long story short we decided to all meet at a spot just south of Topeka sunday morning and ride on in together and then ride some backroads over to KC and stop in to see Bigfoot ad drink all his beer. What a great idea.

Well, everything went great and we all had a good time. Had a really good ride but no one had brought a camera. I snapped a couple with my phone of my scoot at the Ft. Leavenworth National Cemetary but that's it. The rest you'll just have to take my word on.

Had a great time and it was really good to see Ivan, Russ, Harry, Jody, and Nancy. And a HUGE thanks to XSalsa13 and Jody for the bed last night.

Anyway here's the pics I took...........

Ft. Leavenworth National Cemetary

Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Thanks for report. Looks like a fun and troublefree ride. Glad to hear y'all are still riding.
    It is a great big beautiful world out there
    Brent in GA
    Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

It was a good ride Brent. Good to get together with the gang as always.

I'm gonna plan on the Iron Horse next year. I need to see Georgia.

Maybe Tod will keep his bike straight long enough to make it also.

I'm pretty sure I can talk one or two others into it too.
      Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
        It was a good ride Brent. Good to get together with the gang as always.

I'm gonna plan on the Iron Horse next year. I need to see Georgia.

Maybe Tod will keep his bike straight long enough to make it also.

I'm pretty sure I can talk one or two others into it too.
        Iron Horse is in Stecoah NC but that whole 4 state area is all linked with a multitiude of fine backroads and other knarly stuff...and its most definitely worth the ride to get there...
        1982 XJ1100 MadMax-im
        2001 Honda ST1100

Comment

LOL....Ok, I'm lost already. Which ride is in Georgia.

NC would be nice to see also. Never been there either.
          Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
            LOL....Ok, I'm lost already. Which ride is in Georgia.

NC would be nice to see also. Never been there either.
            Greg for the past 10 yrs the XSive Riders rally was held at TWO...Two Wheels Only...a m/c resort located in northern GA...town of Suches...Sadly after 29 yrs... TWO lost their lease on the property and had to close their doors...leaving the XSive Riders to find another venue...hence the Iron Horse in western NC...altogether western NC...eastern TN...northern GA and northwest SC are all either the Blue Ridge or Smoky Mtns...and all the roads are to write home about...or a good ride report
            1982 XJ1100 MadMax-im
            2001 Honda ST1100

Comment

Ok, so I'm not completely lost, just behind the times. Thanks.
              Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Working...
              X