Conqured the gridlock!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conqured the gridlock!

Hey guys, funny story. Left work yesterday and immediatly got stuck in the worse downtown gridlock I've seen this year. Got sick of sitting in traffic so I pulled onto the sidewalk turned off the bike and walked it down the sidewalk about 1.5km past all the idiling cars, fired it back up and drove the rest of the way home.
    The bike pushed easily and it didn't seem like a very long walk, maybe because I was flying past all the traffic and loving it. Easily saved myself 35mins of sitting on the street, probably more. Never did find out what the hold up was.
    Anyway thought I'd share my awsome way to beat rush hour, ride safe!
    1979 XS1100SF 37000km
    Green Dyna Coils
    Stainless Brake Lines

1973 CB100
    kevXS

Holy cow! I can't imagine pushing my bike that far! Even the length of the driveway is a chore!
    1980 XS850SG - Sold
    1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
    Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
    Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
    -H. Ford

Comment

Interesting idea!
      Nathan
      KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
      K&N Filter
      #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
      OEM Exhaust
      ATK Fork Brace
      LED Dash lights
      Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
      SS Brake Lines
      Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

just heard from a co worker that it took him 1.5 hours to drive the same route in his car, and he was needing a bathroom at the time!
        1979 XS1100SF 37000km
        Green Dyna Coils
        Stainless Brake Lines

1973 CB100
        kevXS

Comment

I am sooo spoiled living in Cali. I have not sat in traffic on a motorsickle ever. We are not only allowed to split lanes, we are encouraged to do so. Not only is it faster, it is also safer to be moving at a reasonable speed than to be sitting in line waiting to be hit from behind.

I feel bad for you stuck in yer lane!

Comment

Working...
          X