Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Day trip W/WMARSHY

Hey!!

Just dropping a line to tell members on here I rode a few days back with WMARSHY...I had a blast!!!! We left our homes & drove 1 hr to meet in Geneva NY & then proceeded to Watkins Glen which is his home stomping grounds..We had lunch at a nearby Italian Pizza shop. I dined on Wings,while he had garlic knots & Lasagna.!! We met up with a couple of his friends & rode all over Watkins Glen, Horseheads. The roads we went on were great, 1 in paticular had a dozen S turns going uphill.!!!! CRAP that was tough!!! The view of Senaca Lake was awsome!! The top of 1 hill we had planes towing gliders right above us..Got back to the bar & he got a chance to see his brother off to the service & wish him a happy birthday ..Couldnt of had a better day.!!! 300miles..To sum it up. Wmarshy you are a great Xs'er!!!!!!!!!!!!! CANT wait to do it agian!! Anyone else near the NY border drop us a line..left somepics.

http://s269.photobucket.com/albums/j...20BIKE%20TRIP/
    Catch'n The Phoenix
    80 XS1100 G
    85 XR600R
    86 YX600
    Previously owned
    78 KZ1000
    80 KZ550
    78 DT250E

Wulf
    Knowledge Is Power

Looks like a fun trip! Good to see fellow XSsives meetin and greetin!!
    Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
    80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
    93 GSX600F
    80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
    81 XS1100 Special
    81 CB750 C
    80 CB750 C
    78 XS750

Comment

got some more pix

Meeting in Geneva...

Danger, low flying planes!

More plane action with a little view...

Back in Geneva to part ways...

The setting sun!

AND THEN I RAN INTO THIS GUY IN PORT BYRON!!!

It was nice talking with you Don, I hope you join the site and get a chance to read this...

Its a '79F frame and motor with a '79SF tank, Kelin carbs from a Suzuki (?), MDS ignition and a 1196 big bore kit, hot cams and a Kerker 4-1 to finish it off!
      '79 XS11 F
      Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
      Stock, no title.

'84 Chevy K-10 "Big Blue"
      GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

Comment

Originally posted by phantymwulf View Post
        rode all over Watkins Glen, Horseheads. The roads we went on were great, 1 in paticular had a dozen S turns going uphill.!!!!
        Where the heck did you find that road in the finger lakes?
        80 SG
        81 SH in parts
        99 ST1100
        91 ST1100

Comment

road trip

DEANR,
          You'll have to ask WMARSHY what road that was. I couldnt catch him.. didnt want to lean my full dresser to low & scrape anything LOL!! I couldnt count how many "S" turns on it..Was a crazy road..but fun!!! Spencerport is only 45 min from me..1 of my best friends lives on Thorncliff ST.. Im in Perry

Wulf
          Catch'n The Phoenix
          80 XS1100 G
          85 XR600R
          86 YX600
          Previously owned
          78 KZ1000
          80 KZ550
          78 DT250E

Wulf
          Knowledge Is Power

Comment

Originally posted by DeanR View Post
            Where the heck did you find that road in the finger lakes?
            DEANR,
            You'll have to ask WMARSHY what road that was. I couldnt catch him.. didnt want to lean my full dresser to low & scrape anything LOL!! I couldnt count how many "S" turns on it..Was a crazy road..but fun!!!... Wulf
            Must have been the one where I stopped and waited at the top then asked if you need to wipe your pants! the last turn is a hard tight 90 that can really get ya if your coming in hot! LMAO That was Rt 223 in Swartwood, takes ya to the little town of Erin. I got a few more just like it that we can go check out another time!
            Last edited by WMarshy; 07-30-2011, 12:54 PM.
            '79 XS11 F
            Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
            Stock, no title.

GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

Comment

Ah ha,,, I think I've been on that road, but only remember a couple tricky turns, one decreasing radius in particular.. Time to find it again when I'm down there. I grew up in Horseheads. Back and forth frequently but always seem to wind up in PA to find twisties.
              80 SG
              81 SH in parts
              99 ST1100
              91 ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by DeanR View Post
                Ah ha,,, I think I've been on that road, but only remember a couple tricky turns, one decreasing radius in particular.. Time to find it again when I'm down there. I grew up in Horseheads. Back and forth frequently but always seem to wind up in PA to find twisties.
                Well, hit me up sometime and we'll ride. PA isn't very far and I'm trying to find people who want to make 4-600 mile day trips around NY area!
                '79 XS11 F
                Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
                Stock, no title.

Comment

Originally posted by WMarshy View Post
                  Well, hit me up sometime and we'll ride. PA isn't very far and I'm trying to find people who want to make 4-600 mile day trips around NY area!
                  Hi W Marshy,
                  Give us some advance notice and maybe the SOXS will cross over for a day ride.
                  Phil
                  1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
                  1983 XJ 650 Maxim
                  2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Good idea Phil. I might even exercise the XS for a change!
                    80 SG
                    81 SH in parts
                    99 ST1100
                    91 ST1100

Comment

That sounds like a great time! I will keep you guys in mind. I told Wulfman, the next ride we make together I would come out his way. There are some nice hills south of Rochester near Bristol that I would love to ride again! I know there are some very nice twisties south of Buffalo too!
                      Last edited by WMarshy; 07-30-2011, 09:39 PM.
                      '79 XS11 F
                      Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
                      Stock, no title.

Comment

I'd swear that is the HOTROD bike that XS11lover had for a bit.
                        Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
                        80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
                        93 GSX600F
                        80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
                        81 XS1100 Special
                        81 CB750 C
                        80 CB750 C
                        78 XS750

Comment

road trip

HEY GUYS!!!

Looking forward to a great run with multipal bikes!! Cant wait to do those roads agian...but.....come on guys!!!! I have a FULL DRESSER!!!! Take it easy on me!!!!!
                          OH YA!!!! Know you made it to the top 1st..But how come on all the straights Wade, you were a quarter mile behind!! LOL!!!!! caught you by suprise..my a%$..LOL!!!!
                          The misses & I started out to Watkins Glen On Sat..Got 5 miles down the road & the left brake froze up on me..Heated up the dics bad..I ordered 2 new sets of pads & will have to clean the aluminum off the left disc..should be back in service after Tues.

Wulf
                          Last edited by phantymwulf; 07-31-2011, 08:49 PM.
                          Catch'n The Phoenix
                          80 XS1100 G
                          85 XR600R
                          86 YX600
                          Previously owned
                          78 KZ1000
                          80 KZ550
                          78 DT250E

Wulf
                          Knowledge Is Power

Comment

Originally posted by DGXSER View Post
                            I'd swear that is the HOTROD bike that XS11lover had for a bit.
                            Thats what I thought but I wasnt sure when he sold it... This guy said he as owned it for 3 years now and he said he got it from PA.
                            '79 XS11 F
                            Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
                            Stock, no title.

Comment

HEY GUYS!!!
                              ...OH YA!!!! Know you made it to the top 1st..But how come on all the straights Wade, you were a quarter mile behind!! LOL!!!!! caught you by suprise..my a%$..LOL!!!!
                              IT WAS A 45 MPH zone LOL! I got spot we can settle this...next time.

...The misses & I started out to Watkins Glen On Sat..Got 5 miles down the road & the left brake froze up on me..Heated up the dics bad..I ordered 2 new sets of pads & will have to clean the aluminum off the left disc..should be back in service after Tues.

Wulf
                              Might better think about flushing the fluid at a minimum also. Should dissassemble the caliper and master cylinder to do it all right. IIRC the 80's have the crazy linked breaks right?
                              '79 XS11 F
                              Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
                              Stock, no title.

Comment

Working...
                              X